Sunday, 9 October 2016

A Bigger City

There's something about cities that make me want to dress better, walk better, be better.  Maybe it's the fact that there are more eyes on me, or maybe it's that there are no eyes on me at all.  Maybe it's because I'm now another part of these masses of people waiting at traffic lights and walking between buildings; yet I'm still an individual.  I still have my own style and my own story, and so do all of them.  There's so many styles and stories compacted into this place of life and shops and noise, and all of this inspires you to stretch and change and be.

































I wouldn't mind living in one of those houses along the Eastern beaches.  It doesn't have the same vibe as those laid back beaches in Queensland or on the coast between Canberra and Sydney.  The people there are still characters of the city.  The girls wear their fluorescent gym clothes, or their simple, classy monotone basics, or their Nike and Adidas.  They wear their huge sunglasses and strappy sandals or branded sneakers.

People there can walk their dogs, lie on towels in crevices of rocks or on top of soft white sand and read their books, go on long jogs along the coastal walks, or sit in shops and eat healthy breakfasts or fish and chips.  The atmosphere makes me want to go outside and do something.  It makes me feel relaxed.  It's like an oasis in the middle of a city.















10 comments:

  1. I've always been more of a city person. I wish I lived in Melbourne; I did a few years ago, and I still miss the business, the trams and the streets, and the graffiti art. Bateman's Bay or Sydney beaches are fun as well. It seems your pictures have made me nostalgic. :')

    I really liked what you said about being an invisible yet individual. I think that's why places like New York attract people—it's more than the lights and crowds, it's like there's nothing stopping you from getting better, as you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me so happy, your photos are lovely and since I live in the country now, I really miss being in the city, so these photos made me smile :)

    Carolyn x
    Stained Glass Stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the city. I can't wait until I can move away to a big city.

    Your photos are lovely. The water looks so blue and beautiful!

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about the city that has the same effect on me too <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always lived in cities. I want to run away to the hills. Sigh.

    Rosa, Stardust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is gorgeous wooooaaaah. but I totally understand that feeling you get when you're in the city. whenever I go downtown I dress nice and wear makeup and no one seems to get why I do this. in a way, I dont even know why. I just feel like I should. it makes me feel pretty and alive and present.

    great post and super great pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such an amazing photographer! I really want to visit Australia someday. It looks beautiful. And I know what you mean about big cities. It's so fascinating to see all of the people and know that they all have such complex lives and stories. It makes me want to measure up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You captured it's beauty so wonderfully! Your introduction to this post had me hooked; you are a beautiful photographer, and a beautiful writer as well. Love seeing your posts on my feed!

    x Baylei
    17freckles

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful post and it captures Australia so beautifully! <3

    Stay awesome as ever,

    Much love,

    Archie <3

    ReplyDelete