Friday, 23 September 2016

Not purely materialistic, I swear

I want to carry myself better.  I want a new style.  I want it to be different: androgynous but feminine, slightly hipster, carefree, layered, more colourful, cooler.

I want a pink bomber jacket.  I know everybody seems to have one, so it's not so different after all - but I want one all the same.  I need something that's not black.

I want new sunglasses; big ones.  I want them to be half like those round hipster ones and half not.  I want them to be different from what's considered 'different', but with the same effect - making an outfit effortlessly cool on a summer's day (or any day really).

I want braids like those Rory wears in Gilmore Girls.  I want my hair to be more 90's.

I want highlighted cheek-bones.  I want them to sparkle in the sunlight.  I don't want glitter as if I'm going to some indie concert; that's tacky.  I just want to glow.

I want unusually shaped items of clothing.  I want to be able to choose outfits that do not have anything to do with how frumpy my waist may or may not look, not out of convenience but rather out  of uniqueness or art you could call it.  I want something new.

I want lipstick of all the dark colours.  I want brown lips, blue lips, purple lips, berry-pink lips, dark red - think Kylie Jenner, not gothic.

I want big boots - clunky, almost construction-site like.  They'll be the kind that should be visualised with loose Levi's jeans, but I'll wear them with anything.

I want to look sophisticated, but not in a classic kind of way.  I want to look different, but still good.

Margaret Zhang

Margaret Zhang

Kate Moss

Margaret Zhang

Some random with nice braids

H&M

Natasha Liu Bordizzo

Jazmina Daniel

Tavi Gevinson

Sportsgirl

bbyg6rl

Gigi Hadid

While what you wear can make you feel more confident, sometimes it takes confidence to make you wear what you want to wear.  I hope that one day I find a style that just emulates me.

Love,
M

12 comments:

  1. I love dark lipstick. and cool clothes. I wish I dressed more like the way I want honestly. it makes me feel confident when I wear cute clothes. I totally get you.

    also that pink jacket is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's like fashion can make you ooze confidence. I've already started dressing better and I feel more self-empowered already.

      Delete
  2. The braided hair style is adorable. I love this chic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time so I could braid every day.

      Delete
  3. I definitely relate to what you're saying here - I feel ten times better about anything when I'm wearing clothes that fit "me".

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you say we both start dressing better on the daily

      Delete
  4. The style you're describing here is one that I love and try to factor into my style! It's 100% attainable, and the great thing is you can pretty much thrift all of these clothes for much cheaper than buying designer labels.

    Also, I noticed one of your photos was of Tavi Gevinson...do you read Rookie? It's my favorite alternative feminist website.

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when you get clothes from alternative boutiques or cheaper they make you feel ten times better about yourself, right!? AND YES I do read Rookie! Tavi is one of my idols tbh

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to do more style wise as well, it's can be hard though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need money; that's what we need

      Delete