Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Travel Playlist

I've never really been a music person, hence the lack of music posts on this blog here.  It's always been a crazy appreciation for Taylor Swift and a couple of pop songs here and there to fill the gaps in between.  Then I started downloading songs I heard elsewhere: from my mum's old tape, credits in the cinemas, when my sister blasts MTV or some radio station in the car.  I've just always accepted whatever I've happened to hear.

Before making this long trip to Malaysia, I consciously tried looking for some new music, from friends and playlists online, and I did find some.  Most of these songs are still from before, but there are a few new songs that I like.  A 3 hour bus ride, an 8 hour plane ride, several taxi trips and seemingly endless waiting is a lot of time to decide which music I like and which I don't.  It's plenty of time to realise which songs I don't feel like skipping when I put my phone on shuffle.

This isn't a list of travel themed songs, because my music library doesn't have nearly enough variety for that level of sophistication.  They're just a few songs I enjoy listening to.


See Me Now - The Kooks

Well I've been a lot of places // I learned to tie my own tie too




World Alone - Lorde

All my fake friends and all of their noise // complain about work
They're studying business, I study the floor // and you haven't stopped smoking all night
Maybe the internet raised us // Or maybe people are jerks



The Feeling - Justin Bieber ft. Halsey

Am I in love with you // or am I in love with the feeling




Never Let Me Go - Florence and the Machine

And the crashes are heaven for a sinner like me // But the arms of the ocean delivered me



White Leather - Wolf Alice

I saw you pass me by // no hello // not even a smile




You Found Me - The Fray

In the end // Everyone ends up alone
Losing her // The only one who's ever known
Who I am // Who I'm not and who I wanna be




Colors - Halsey

You were red and you liked me 'cause I was blue
You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky
And you decided purple just wasn't for you




Foolish Games - Jewel

And I watched from my window // Always felt I was outside looking in on you




Ease - Troye Sivan ft. Broods

Take me back to the basics and the simple life // Tell me all of the things that make you feel at ease




Swingin' Party - Lorde

If being wrong's a crime, I'm serving forever
If being strong's your kind, then I need help here with this feather
If being afraid is a crime, we hang side by side




Love,
M

18 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to listen to these songs! I've been looking for some new music lately, so I can't wait to try out your suggestions! They couldn't have come at a more perfect time haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I've been looking for music lately too so if anyone would like to create a playlist for me?? I'm glad you feel this way about mine.

      Delete
  2. Great playlist, I love Florence!

    You can get 15% off any watch from Daniel Wellington with the code 'DWelectricsunrise'. Visit my blog for more information:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just recently started listening to some of Florence and the Machine's music, and I'm really liking it.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Florence+The Machine, and Troye Sivan!

    Florence has a wonderful voice, and Troye's songs are also very meaningful. Have you listened to his Blue Neighborhood trilogy?

    I'm definitely going to listen the rest of the songs on this list! The lyrics you've written really called my attention!

    The Journeys of a Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just discovered Troye so I haven't listened to much, especially not in detail. I love good lyrics though so I'm really excited to hear more and take a look at this Blue Neighbourhood trilogy thing. Isn't that the name of the album?

      Delete
  4. I LOVE THE FRAY!!! they're one of my favorites. and Ive really been loving Halsey and Justin Bieber lately<3<3<3 great playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird that I actually like Justin Bieber now, and through him I finally got around to listening to Halsey. Haha 'You Found Me' is literally the only song I have from the Fray. Maybe I should look into more, because some of this band stuff is actually really good. Thank you Faith!

      Delete
  5. I'm obsessed with playlists lately, these picks are amazing! I love Lorde, Halsey and Florence. I have been listening to You Found Me and Never Let Me Go A LOT this month as well. I posted a favorite music post a while back and I think that it's a great idea to put some great music in the spotlight.

    I love that you included Troye Sivan on this list because I have been playing his album like a crazy person. & Thank you for introducing me to The Feeling. It's THE BEST!!!!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Feeling honestly is amazing, no matter how mainstream it may be. Haha wow we must have really similar music taste - I'll be checking out your favourite music post now.

      Delete
  6. I love Swinging Party, A World Alone, and Ease! Troye and Lorde are two of my favorite artists :)
    Overall, awesome playlist! I love when people post playlists - it's so fun to see what their music tastes are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I hate playlists because I think it's all so boring, but lately I want nothing but to hear new music that's not playing on the radio or something. I only just started listening to Troye and Lorde and I'm loving it so far!

      Delete
  7. I loved Ease. It is a great song.
    I cried the first time I heard it because it reminded me of my brother.
    But this is a great playlist, M.

    Love,
    Saee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. It is a pretty great song.

      Delete
  8. Ok i'm SO glad Halsey made it to this playlist!!!!Her whole album badlands is killer.And Justin beiber just out did himself with his new album.I actually havent listened to Florence and the machine for quite abit so i'm def going to check her.If you like Lorde i def recommend Marina and the diamonds and Melanie Martinez.I'm kinda obsessed with them right now.Anyway have a blast in Malaysia!!And i'm def checking out the other tunes!Happy belated birthday!!:-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about adding a Marina and the Diamonds song to this list but for some reason I didn't add either of the two that I have and moderately love. And the friend who first recommended Halsey to me also recommended Melanie Martinez but I still haven't listened to any of her music yet, but I guess that's what I'll be listening to next. Thank you Maryam!!

      Delete