Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Links to My Childhood

I just want to share with you what the kids today are missing out on.



My Favourite Music Video of All Time

So Taylor Swift released her newest music video, Wildest Dreams, and sure it's ingenious and well made, but nothing beats You Belong With Me.  Notes across bedroom windows, a classic mean girl, a band geek, a football player from Hannah Montana the Movie, and a final prom scene with a pretty white dress - all in one video.  She sure set unrealistic goals for high school.



Moshi Monsters (click here)

If you don't have an account, make one, and go play the ice cream game.  You have no idea what you've missed out on.  If you do have an account, how about we go check how sick your monster is now?  I miss the days when being rich on rox was the main goal in life, and selling furniture at the pawn shop was my main ticket to success.  All I wanted for Christmas was a Moshi Monsters membership.



THE Most Famous Couple

First of all, take a look at Zac Efron's haircut.  Can we just reminisce about how 2006 this is?  Also, did they ever thank that guy?  No.  No I don't think so.  I remember my mum wouldn't let me watch this movie, but one afternoon when I was 7 years old and in the dreaded after school care, High School Musical was playing and I immediately knew that I wanted to be Gabriella.  In every movie Gabriella leaves for some reason, and every time it was so emotional.  After the one and only The Start of Something New, my favourite song is I Gotta Go My Own Way.



Alex Russo, Zac and Cody, Miley and Lily...

These names are the epitome of nostalgia.  I miss Mason the werewolf.  London was the only dumb Asian character I've ever seen.  Miley shouldn't have chosen Jesse because Jake was so much better.  Why was Max Russo the only sibling to lose his powers? -and all he got left with was the sub shop.



The Rainbow Magic Series (click here)

I was a true collector.  These box sets took up a third of my bookshelf, envied by every single friend who stepped foot in my bedroom.  Rachel and Kirsty's stories never failed to bore me, even though they were practically the same every time.



Woozworld (Click Here)

As I grew out of Moshi Monsters, I slowly transitioned to Woozworld thanks to my cousin in Malaysia.  It was an unhealthy addiction phase.  What was it with us and virtual computer games?



Anne of Green Gables

This has to be one of my favourite scenes of all time :')  Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe will always hold a special place in my heart.  I think I feel like watching this movie now...

Love,
M

40 comments:

  1. No omg... You are like the only other person I know that has played moshimonsters. I loved that game so so much! I have 11 memberships on my account and own one of the 3 story homes. I also head a kick out of buying so much food at once because they always came out with cute ones. OMG We should totally add each other lmfao. I don't play anymore though D: But I play Stardoll :D

    Stardoll.com

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAD A THREE STORY HOME!? That was one of my life dreams - I AM SO JEALOUS!! Haha I would totally add you if I could remember my password but I'm afraid it's been many many years and I'd probably suck at the ice cream game.

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree on the Taylor Swift thing 'You belong with Me' is timeless. I loved Wizard's of Waverly Place, and The Suite Life. I always thought Max should've got to keep his powers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it seems Max Russo has gotten pretty hot ;)

      Disney Channel was timeless.

      Delete
  3. I remember the Rainbiw Magic series. I loved them and used to want to help the fairies too! High School Musical was the best film trilogy ever!

    Neriah | My Life In A Tab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to be Kirsty - and I could never decide whether it was Kirsty or Kristy.

      Delete
  4. Omg, Troy and Gabriella are the original OTP. Here's a secret: I still watch High School Musical (all three of them) to this day. Watch as in, say and sing every single line with the characters as they speak. Also, Tay's You Belong With Me is CLASSIC. I'm more of a Love Story fan, but YBWM was great, too!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha who doesn't still watch HSM and sing along to every word? :') Love Story was pretty amazing. I miss Fearless, but Taylor grew up and her music grew with her, and I'm still loving it.

      Delete
  5. Your blog is so pretty *swoons*. And <3Anne of Green Gables<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. I thought going minimalistic might look a little more sophisticated. I actually wish I were more like Anne.

      Delete
  6. I was into Moshi Monsters too! Awww it was sooo sweet. Those Rainbow Magic series of books OMG so cute
    ^ ^

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah memories. It's funny how the things that used to amuse us can seem so boring now :(

      Delete
  7. Anne of Green Gables♥ The book formed my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the movie after writing this post and Anne is actually so deep. It's crazy the amount of stuff I forgot about that story.

      Delete
  8. This makes me want a day where I do things the younger me would have done. Like watch those Disney shows, play with monsters (I don't even remember my login information for that ) and listen to old Taylor Swift songs another one that was my favorite was love story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I would get bored though. Or maybe I wouldn't, because I can't imagine getting bored of a Wizards of Waverley Place episode. And I do still listen to old Taylor Swift songs. I guess I'm making memories with them every day.

      Delete
  9. this reminds me of my teenage years. damn it, i feel old

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my this ... sums up my teenage years. HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, man. so good. I still know every single lyric to all hsm movies. and my childhood was that show that was called wicked science. cx

    Hannie Arden,
    huemorist.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High School Musical was one of everybody's obsessions I feel. I reckon Zac and Vanessa will always be seen as Troy and Gabriella in the eyes of this generation.

      Delete
  11. Great post!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! Zack, Cody, Alex and the entire cast of HSM... How I miss those days!
    These days, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING great comes on Disney! :(
    This post really made me cry, M!
    Stay awesome as ever,
    Much love,
    Archie <3
    http://eeriefairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what Disney Channel even is anymore. Is it just me or has the quality seriously gotten lower and lower? Nothing's the same without Zac and Cody. Maybe the kids now will reminisce over their old shows 5 years from now...

      Delete
  13. Taylor Swift and HSM remind me of my 13 year old self...what a fun idea for a post! :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki! HSM will always remind me of that time when my cousin and I were 8 and we'd spend every day in Malaysia re-enacting it. I believe that was when we decided we liked Sharpay better.

      Delete
  14. I must be a bit older than you because my childhood includes the Fresh Prince of Bel Air & That's So Raven & Hey Arnold. These are cute to see though. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, That's So Raven is one classic I'll never forget as well. Did you watch the Cheetah Girls?

      Delete
  15. Oh my gosh, I remember Moshi Monsters and Rainbow Magic! Miss them so much haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah me too! Those were the simple days.

      Delete
  16. This gave me such nostalgia! I absolutely adored the 'You Belong With Me' music video and Rainbow Magic!

    https://petiteapprentice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether the nostalgia we feel when reacquainting ourselves with past loves is healthy.

      Delete
  17. high school musical,suite life on deck,and wizard of waverly place are my childhood movies hahah

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they are x Disney was life.

      Delete
  18. love the taylor swift song!

    keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I just came across your blog and it’s really great and relatable! I am now following it and am looking forward to your future posts! I just started my own blog, it nothing much yet, and it’s a bit on the dark side, but I’m hoping to expand it, and it’d be great if you could check it out, follow if you like it and maybe share, and let me know what you think… I’m open to ideas and opinions and collaborations!
    thereisacrack.wordpress.com
    Thanks xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I love new blogs! I'm checking it out now! Thank you Anju. I'm glad you find mine somewhat relatable x

      Delete