Monday, 6 July 2015

TMI Tag

I'm starting to think I'm a little too self obsessed, or maybe I have some kind of writers block, because I really feel like answering some questions, and I've found the perfect tag to do so.  Have you guys seen that 100 truths thing roaming out around Facebook?  Honestly, I think it's stupid because what's the point of letting people you know know more about you?  Like, no one cares that much.  Or maybe they're just the people with guts, who are brave enough to share their love for answering questions about themselves on mainstream social media. Anyway, enough with the rambling.

Thank you Salha @The Journeys of a Girl for nominating me for the TMI tag!  For those of you who don't know, TMI stands for 'too much information', and that's exactly what you'll be getting.  There's 50 questions and you probably won't make it to the end.

Here's my challenge for you though.  I want every one of you readers to answer one (or more) of the following 50 questions in a comment.  I recommend number 11.  Lately I've realised that every person has something interesting to share - and I want to know more.



1. What are you wearing?

Blue trackies and a blue fluffy jumper with a fluffy white polar bear on it.  They totally clash.

2. Have you ever been in love?

I don't think so.  Love is hard to find at an all girls private school.


3. Have you ever had a terrible break up?

I'm starting to feel like this school is the cause of me missing out on essential life experiences.  Or maybe I'm lucky.


4.  How tall are you?

Last I checked: 160cm.  But fingers crossed I've grown a bit since then.


5. How much do you weigh?

50kg maybe?  Stop asking me self conscious questions!


6. Any tattoos?

Maybe one day.  I'd like a cute little one on my wrist or my ankle - a Chinese character of some kind of life mantra.


7. Any piercings?

Ear piercings I never use anymore.


8. OTP?

Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky from To All The Boys I've Loved Before because I was reading it the other day and still am nowhere near over it.  Lara Jean's semi-relatable, you know?  And I want a Peter of my own.


9. What is your favourite show?

Call me trashy but I think it will forever be Gossip Girl.


10. Who are your favourite bands?

I just really like Taylor Swift.


11. Something you miss?

We used to have these family friend dinners and play these awesome games - like The Hunger Games, where we'd run around the neighbourhood trying to figuratively kill each other, carrying our supplies.  We had a cornucopia and everything; and Murderer in the dark; and that other Murderer game with a saboteur we'd pick out of a hat, and we'd hide in that caravan like we were in a horror movie.  We hardly ever have these dinners anymore, and even when we do they're not the same.  People change and grow up, and we're all too influenced by the teen culture around us.


12. Favourite song?

Right now Torn by Natalie Imbruglia


13. How old are you?

15


14. Zodiac Sign?

Sagittarius


15. Quality you look for in a partner?

We just need to mesh well, be able to have fun but also be able to understand each other.  I want one of those relationships where we can talk till 3am, where we know everything about one another and still think each other is awesome, where we're completely honest and trusting.  I don't know what qualities that guy would have.  Maybe I'm just delusional.


16. What is your favourite quote?

"My heart is really pounding," I said.
"That's how you know you're having fun,"

Taken from the book I'm reading at the moment.


17. Who is your favourite actor?

Emma Stone maybe.


18. Favourite colour?

Sky blue


19. Loud music or soft?

Depends on the circumstance.


20. Where do you go when you're sad?

I stay exactly where I am.  It's not like I can just leave or anything.  If I'm at home, maybe the couch?  With a bit of chocolate, a blanket and a TV show playing.  Or maybe my desk, with my diary open and my thoughts trying to be constructed into words in vain.


21. How long does it take you to shower?

Depends on how much I have to think about.  Anywhere from 5 minutes to 30.


22. How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?

Around half an hour to 45 minutes.


23. Have you ever been in a physical fight?

I watched Fight Club last night and now I kinda want to, if there was no threat of dying or suffering major injuries anyway.  I mean, I probably have been in one - that time in year 1 where I hit a guy with my hat and made his nose bleed.  I was the traumatised one because I thought he would tell and I'd get in trouble.


24. Turn ons?

I hate to say it, but attractive.  Confident and funny too I guess.  But then I feel intimidated so it never really works out.


25. Turn offs?

Rude, doesn't have their life in order, acne, swears a lot, clingy, irritating, smelly.


26. The reason you joined the blogging community?

I guess I just liked the idea of having one.  I had all sorts of ideas on what to write, and I still do.  Maybe I wanted to share my thoughts rather than just having them enclosed in some secret diary?


27. What are your fears?

Being boring


28. Last thing that made you cry?

It was probably a movie.


29. Last time you said you loved someone?

I always say it to my mum.  I just don't like the idea of people who find it awkward to say "I love you" to their parents.  I mean, they're family and they've said it to you all your life.  You know you do love them, so why not tell them so?


30. Meaning behind your blog name?

I'm actually not the biggest fan of it to be honest.  I made it about a year ago and I'm not planning on changing it any time soon though.  I guess it makes sense because this blog is a bit about my life, and I am just little in this whole big world around me.  So I guess this blog is about The Life of Little Me.


31. Last book you read?

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.


32. Book you're currently reading?

Paper Towns by John Green.  I want to read it before the movie.


33. Last show you watched?

The last TV show was The Vampire Diaries


34. Last person you talked to?

My dad this morning.


35. The relationship between you and the last person you texted?

She's a friend.  We sit next to each other in Latin.


36. What is your favourite food?

Probably popcorn.


37. Place you want to visit

New York, Venice, Prague, pretty much all of Europe.


38. Last place you were?

The mall.  The cinema specifically, where I work.


39. Do you have a crush?

I don't even know what that feels like anymore.  I think so, possibly on multiple people or possibly just on one, or maybe they don't qualify as crushes at all.


40. Last time you kissed someone?

Kissing my mum goodnight.


41. Last time you were insulted?

What is it with people nowadays insulting each other as a joke.  Being insulted feels kind of endearing, because you feel like you're close.  Probably yesterday.


42. Favourite flavour or sweet?

I like the pink and purple gummy lollies.  Or anything salted caramel.


43. What instruments do you play?

The piano and the trombone.  Although I haven't touched either in a week.


44. Favourite piece of jewellery?

Any white gold earrings I own.


45. Last sport you played?

I went for a 5km jog this morning.


46. Last song you sang?

I absentmindedly sing along in the car sometimes.  It was probably Taylor Swift or James Blunt.


47. Favourite pick up line?

If you were a fruit, you'd be a fineapple.


48. Have you ever used it?

Yeah.  That's why it's my favourite.  I used it on some poor tired boy at the mall.


49. Last time you hung out with anyone

I went to see Ted 2 with this guy on Friday


50. Who should answer these questions next?

These guys have some pretty interesting stuff to say:

Kate @The Goodness Revolt
Arushee @Unadorned Gifts
Star Girl @Star Girl Productions
Archie @A Bundle of Contradictions


Comment.  I dare you.

Love,
M

40 comments:

  1. What an interesting tag. I should really do this some time XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Go ahead and nominate yourself x

      Delete
  2. I'm going to answer question 39 :)

    39. Do you have a crush?
    I don't think I have a "crush" but I think I have preferences on who I think is cute and who I wouldn't mind dating and so on and so forth, but I don't really believe I am currently attracted to this one main guy.

    and I will also answer question 11 because that wasn't really a personal answer :)

    11. Something you miss?
    I miss walking hand in hand on a beach with a guy who I really love. It has never happened before, but I long to find someone I love that its almost like I miss the one I love... even though I haven't met him yet... sounds really confusing lol

    So yeah, there you go :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all looking for our significant other, and we all have such high expectations that will one day be thrown away for a special someone who's nothing like what we imagined, or maybe not. I honestly don't think "crushes" really exist anymore because boys will be boys and girls will categorise them the way they want in their heads. And when we find one real special boy, the word crush doesn't do the feeling justice at all. Thanks so much for commenting xx

      Delete
  3. 11. Hanging out with my old friends.
    ~Beth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. But hey we have new ones now, and they're even better. Those old friends left our lives for a reason.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of questions!! Bravo to you for answering them all lol. Sky blue is such a pretty color. Always been my favorite along with navy blue.

    My answer to #11:

    I miss the yearly trips my family would take to this amusement park that has so much history within my family. :) My parents met and worked there long ago, and have taken me and my siblings there every year until the last five years or so. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually the cutest story. Lately I've been really interested in the way different couples met, and your parents' story must have been pretty adorable if they continued bringing their kids there. It's sad the family traditions that end. Sky blue and navy blue are both very nice colours - all blue is really.

      Delete
  5. I'm really nosey so I actually like these kinds of posts. I'll go for number 16 though I have so many favorite quotes it's silly, but I think these two really stick out to me:

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan

    "Adults follow paths. Children explore. Adults are content to walk the same way, hundreds of times, or thousands; perhaps it never occurs to adults to step off the paths, to creep beneath rhododendrons, to find the spaces between fences." - Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if you wanna talk about nosey, I'm the person to go to. Knowing stuff about everyone and everything is what makes my life go round. And I love that Bob Dylan quote because doing what we want with our lives is something we all need to remember, amongst all the cultural expectations and personal safety nets. Ah quotes - when relatable people can put your thoughts into word better than you can.

      Delete
  6. I really like these kind of posts, always tells me a little more about the blogger which I like

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Laura. Glad you learned a little more about me. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi M! I only found out about your blog today, but I can already say that I'm loving your posts. Seeing as I'm new to your blog, the timing of this post is perfect... Or borderline scary... Just kidding! I thought I'd go ahead and answer question 11:

    I really miss being that little kid who'd regularly meet up with her cousins to play make-believe. We were big fans of animated shows, like Totally Spies and Winx club and you could always see us running around and fighting invisible bad guys. I'd love to be Clover or Flora one more time, but I reckon my cousins would laugh their heads off if I told them.

    Xx Morgana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Spies and Winx Club :') I miss those shows too, and playing make believe as well. Why don't we do that anymore? Well, I guess it would feel pretty weird, but that doesn't mean we can't miss the days when it didn't. Why not have a little reminiscence session with your cousins? Haha thanks so much for visiting my blog Morgana! I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
    2. I'm always in for a game of make-believe. I also admit I still watch Totally Spies and Winx Club when they're on. Sometimes I wonder whether I'm just being childish and should grow up. You know what? Scratch that. I'll always be a child at heart. Keep up the good work!

      Xx Morgana

      Delete
  8. 46. Last song you sang
    The Brothers Go To Egypt from Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.
    I absolutely love reading tags like this, it's so interesting to see how different people answer the same questions.
    Great post M!
    Love Eve @ Pen and Key <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve <3 I love tags like this too, for the same reason. Hey, maybe you should go do this tag! Even the simple answer to "Last song you sang" is interesting.

      Delete
  9. 12. Yellow Flicker Beat. I love Lorde so much that I one day I want to wake up and turn into her. GOD PLISS.

    Hahaha I know exactly what you mean, I'm in a girls college and there's literally NO ONE to fall in love with. I just keep falling in love with fictional characters over and over again.

    Areeba // I Have A Messy Bun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE LITERALLY SO RELATABLE! First of all, yes I love that song and Lorde is a true poet (although sometimes her songs get a little dark and I don't get it - but other than that she's a freaking genius and an A+ English student because how does one come up with words for feelings like that). And girls' schools suck, but fictional characters make everything better <3

      Delete
  10. Your blog makes me so happy. Just this little post was very fun to read!
    Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks so much Vanessa. Comments like these make me happy xx

      Delete
  11. Ha, I'm the same in the shower. I can take 5 mins if I need to be somewhere, but other times I just stand there for ages.

    I just really like Taylor Swift, too.

    Corinne x
    ww.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sometimes washing yourself needs to be procrastinated, and it's so nice and comfy in there and no one's gonna disturb you, so it's the perfect place to think. Taylor Swift is truly great <3

      Delete
  12. So glad you did this. I am a nosy person ;)
    And I instantly recognized the quote, I am in love with "Paper Towns".
    My favourite quotes probably come from John Greens books, the TV show "Friends" or Audrey Hepburn, but I can't decide which one I like most.
    Absolutely adore your blog, your style of writing is amazing!

    Love,
    www.booksballetphotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I finished reading Paper Towns last night and man the amount of quotes I found in there. I don't normally go looking for them but John Green's ability to weave real life relatable statements into this story was perfect. "Friends" is probably my favourite TV show right now :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, right? I started to write them down but there were just too many great ones

      Delete
  13. I love TMI tags XD

    Let's see, something I miss.....probably afternoons spent at my great-grandmother's house. She passed away a few years ago, but I used to spend so much time there with my cousins...

    xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha what can I say, me too. And I'm sorry about your great-grandma but it's so cool that you got to meet someone from that generation.

      Delete
  14. So, you did the Tag!

    I had so much fun reading your answers! Nice pick up line, by the way, very subtle haha

    The Journeys of a Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks for tagging me Salha! It was fun to write!!

      Delete
  15. 11. What do you miss?
    I miss school, because I'm on summer vacation, and I miss seeing all of my friends every day.
    27. What are your fears?
    I'm mainly just afraid of disappointing people and myself. That pretty much sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on holidays at the moment, and I can't say I feel the same way about school as you do. Give your friends a call for me, would you? You can still see them in the summer! And if that's not possible, pay Netflix a visit x. I feel like we're all scared of disappointment.

      Delete
  16. I miss the days when I was unforgettably happy, and the person to whom these days are connected. with a huge hope that this person misses me back ^-^

    http://vannieann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that person misses you too. I'm sure they do.

      Delete
  17. Loved reading all of your answers, girlie! And believe me yes, you are not missing out, haha, breakups suck. But then meeting the right guy eventually is a good thing. So I don't know I guess it could go either way? x) I will totally have to do this sometime! It was so sweet of you to tag me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I guess the whole meeting a guy who is right enough that you'd actually hurt to lose him thing is what we all need to experience. All in good time, right? This is my life and I need to remember the grass isn't greener on the other side. Definitely do this tag, Katie, because I want to see your answers!

      Delete
  18. Loved this!
    Might have to try this tag for myself :)!
    Thanks for posting this!
    http://imdoingteenagingwrong.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Awkward Teen. Your name is already relatable, so I wonder what your blog will be like

      Delete