Saturday, 4 July 2015

Little Steps to Happiness

I'd say I've had a pretty good week.  I spent most of it at home, to be honest.


A sweet little book or two

We need something touching, something cute, something entertaining.  I read Jenny Han's To All the Boys I've Loved Before and PS I Still Love You, and once it was over I couldn't stop thinking of Lara Jean and Peter.

 


A bit of healthy living

A morning jog or two?  Maybe some Pilates?  It may be difficult to do at the time, but trust me; afterwards you will feel accomplished and amazing.


Maybe some happy food to reward yourself?

You've exercised.  Go reach for that Ferrero Rocher.  Don't overeat though. There's no doubt that being bloated will ruin your happiness.


Social media doesn't mean anything

Keep scrolling and liking and commenting, but no obsessing.  Followers and likes mean nothing.  Lately I've realised that unless it happens face to face, it may as well not matter.  Never be afraid to meet up, because messaging doesn't mean anything.


Crazy nostalgia

Read some old diaries, some old happy moments - and make sure they don't make you sad or longing.  Get excited.  Contact those old friends.  Say, "Do you remember this!?  Oh my gosh that was so long ago; do you still have it?"  It'll spark a little something.  It'll make you happy to remember.


A movie a night

The Best of Me (waste of time soppy movie by Nicholas Sparks), Blended (Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler and my sister laughing hysterically), New York I Love You (Isn't it amazing: 7 billion people experienced today differently).

 


A new experience maybe

The night before you can't sleep.  You toss and you turn because you're so freaking nervous.  You're freaking out even though you're persuading yourself not to.  It's no big deal.  And when it happens, it was so not worth all that freaking out.  You did fine, as you always do.  Life worked out, as it always does.  And you come home feeling utterly happy.


Feel a little wanted

Text a paragraph to your bestest friend.  Receive something positive in the mail.  Talk to your parents.  Make someone you think is awesome laugh.  Imagine all the people in this world who think you're great.  But also remember, what they think isn't everything.  What you feel is what is.


Believe the phrase: "Awkwardness is below me"

You can get through any situation.  You can talk to literally any person.  Be yourself and say what you want, and nothing will ever be awkward.  Don't feel it because you're too good for it.


Love,
M


18 comments:

  1. I read To All The Boys I Loved Before a few months ago, and I thought it was fine. I do intend on reading the second book, I wonder how is it?

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you're wondering, it's pretty amazing and you need to read it right now. Ah I'm still not over them. They're probably my OTP at the moment <3

      Delete
  2. Such a positive post, a great reminder for those who need it. I'll have to check those films out!
    Have a nice weekend M,
    Love,
    Eve @ Pen and Key <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eve. Have fun watching some movies - They never fail to cheer you up.

      Delete
  3. I'm totally in love with this post. <3 Ugh. THOSE BOOKS ARE MY LIFE. Literally. I'm currently reading P.S. I Still Love You, I read the first book when it came out and LOVED it. Peter Kavinsky... *dreamy sigh*
    I also just watch The Best of Me a few nights ago and loved it. <3 The ending though... WHY DAWSON, WHY?!

    Sorry, I fangirl a lot. Hence my blog's domain.

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha what is life without fangirling? I mean, reality's too boring so we gotta go freak out over someone else's. I want my own Peter Kavinsky. Lara Jean is the luckiest girl on the imaginary planet. And oh god when he got shot (sorry if I'm spoiling this for anyone) - now that wasn't necessary.

      Delete
  4. Perfect post! I especially love the point you made about social media. It's pretty awesome and I love it, but the cyberspace is a totally different world. Nothing real happens there, you're right. It's fun but it can never replicate or replace real life and face-to-face interactions. Also, this is kind of irrelevant but I hate Facebook. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Facebook is okay. I feel like if you don't have it you're missing out on stuff, but did you know that most of the people just two years younger than me don't have Facebook, like at all? It makes us feel so old. Social media really is a great way to share stuff and it's appealing in a way - a great invention - but yeah, we need to remember all the face to face stuff is what's real.

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to watch 'The Best of Me' for a while now !!! Think it shall be on my to watch list today. :) hehe

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great tip, so true about the Pilates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? It's hard work but your muscles sure do feel good in the end.

      Delete
  7. I love the way that you don't overdo it, or say "you have to do this". And I totally agree with everything.

    Love,
    www.booksballetphotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I'm glad you do

      Delete
  8. I'm in love with this post, M:) I think I'll have to try some of these ideas. And I'll have to keep that last point in mind- Awkwardness is below me. Definitely something to remember!
    xoxo
    Grace Anne <3
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is! The statement may be easy to forget at times, but if we at least try then we become fearless against some of the most powerful mind-changing beings around us.

      Delete
  9. So positive. Love it ^_________________^

    ReplyDelete