Sunday, 1 March 2015

Guest Post - A Night Full of Riots

I'd just like to give a big welcome to Stella who is an absolutely amazing writer, so I suggest you go check out her blog.  This post you're about to read, written specially by her, is an intriguing way to look at yourself and people in general.  I love the analogy, I love the way she writes it, and I love the lesson this post teaches us.  So, have a read...
 


Hi I’m Stella and I blog over at A Night Full Of Riots. The amazing M has allowed me to share a post with you guys/girls/unicorns/human beings and here it is, I hope you enjoy:

We are canvases
I am a canvas of words,
And colours,
And pictures,
And memories,
My canvas is cluttered,
And tainted with thoughts
That I can not rub off.

The world is a gallery and upon the walls we hang, canvases in all our colourful glory. Every glide and dab and swirl and stroke on that canvas belongs solely to you. Every splatter, flick, phrase, photo, colour, sketch and doodle is yours.

We are canvases, coloured and cluttered. We are often more than what you see on the outside.

You see it's easy to change yourself. Society's expectations and peer pressure make it easy for you to think you have to look or act or be a certain way. And sometimes people do change. I've had friends who have changed because they wanted to be apart of something more. Something they perceived as being better than who they really were, but beneath the thick film of conformism still lies their canvas. It hasn't changed. because your canvas isn’t a representation on your physical appearance, it’s a reflection of the inner you.

So what makes you different? What separates your canvas from all the others? I think it’s your memories. The way you smile, laugh, frown, love, hate, accept, acknowledge, speak, preach, believe, disagree, understand, listen, learn, feel, see, care and hurt. It's everything you are and everything you do. The person you truly are inside. That’s what makes you different.

I have been fortunate enough to encounter so many different people. People who make their quirks and differences known to the world. They smile and laugh in awkward moment. Dance in random situations. Aren’t afraid to share their thoughts.  Run through corridors screaming “freedom!” Reads a book during a movie. Eat ice cream in the winter. Write songs about unicorns. Say stupid things to make people laugh. Accept others and understand that it’s ok to be different.

And so I guess what I'm trying to say is, you dictate who you are and although it sounds so cliché, it's the person you are on the inside that truly matters. Your canvas.

So once again a big thank you to M for letting me guest post on the wonderful blog of hers. And if you’d like you can pop over to my blog to read some of my other posts.

Stella


That's right.  Pop over to her blog right now!!
A Night Full of Riots
A Night Full of Riots
A Night Full of Riots

Thank you so much for writing this amazing guest post Stella.

Love,
M

12 comments:

  1. She's a hoot :D
    This is just one of her amazing posts :)
    Her blog is really amazing been following it for sometime now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely is! I am absolutely in love with this post. It's something I would live by, knowing my "canvas" is the most important. We are works of art, like a painting on a canvas. We can create ourselves on our canvas. Keep splashing the new experiences and revelations.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea behind this. It's always important to focus on what's inside.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too!! Round of applause for Stella xx

      Delete
  3. People focus so much on the outside that we need to see on the inside. It is like the canvas, I suppose; there's the pretty art, and there's the abstract meaning underneath. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your addition to the analogy. <3

      Delete
  4. This is so beautifully written. I really enjoyed your " five lessons from M' on her blog as well!
    You both are amazing writers xx
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Juney!! heheh. xx

      Delete
  5. We're all wanderers on our blank white canvases and paper- trying to put our hands to pencils. Love the post an definitely following.

    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment is beautiful. Thanks so much Z <3

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the opportunity to guest post on your blog M. I'm quite new to posting on other people's sites but this was a brilliant experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Stella! Thanks so much for writing such an amazing post. <3

      Delete