Saturday, 31 January 2015

Shopping in Malaysia

I know this post is a little overdue, seeing as I came back over a week ago. But I remember being really excited about sharing what I bought overseas with you.  And I still am, because shopping in Malaysia is just that great!

First of all, one dollar here is equivalent to around three dollars there, making everything a little cheaper.  And then there were also so many sales around Christmas time, and so many shops they just can't be bothered to open here!  Just imagine trying to live without Forever 21 and H&M, because that's my life.

So here's a little catalogue of what I bought, or rather got for free through my relatives' money, or just received as a present, in Malaysia:

 
Normally I wouldn't buy much black and white, but now I think it can look classy or edgy, and I really like it.

 
Jumper: $20 H&M
LA Chance top: $8 Mango
Lace white top: $5 Temt
Black skorts: My mum

There was another black and white top, but I guess I've worn it so much it must be in the wash somewhere.
 
 
$8 from Kischen
 
Lately I've also been really into tops with words on them.  I like them to be meaningful, or at least apply to me.  I guess blogging and writing has made me appreciate words so much that it's even becoming more evident in my fashion choices.

 
I woke up like this: $15 Cotton On
No one in particular: $5 Temt
It's not about how you look... : cheap in some street bargain shop
 
And here's a little extract from a top above, because I don't think the words were big enough
 
 
And what is it about the satisfaction of wearing clothes referencing to France?  Does it make us look more sensitive?  More classy?  Beautiful?  Fashionable?  How do I describe why clothes are always Paris this, French that, and never really any other place, except maybe New York or LA or somewhere flashy.
 
 
Comme ci comme ca: $35 Forever 21
Paris Darling: $10 H&M
 
And obviously there were more clothes...
 
 
Fragrances: $10 H&M
Blue button top: My aunty
Lace blue top: $5 Temt

 
Jumper from my aunty: H&M

 
Bird dress: $20 Cotton On
 
I actually love this cardigan so much.  I think it's what I've needed for a long time
 
 
$30 Factorie
 
Moving onto more practical things, such as comfortable t-shirts, shorts and "jeans".  Haha that sounded a bit like a poem.
 
 
Bat girl: $5 Cotton On
Nike: My aunty
Floral shorts: My aunty

 
Let me tell you a secret.  Those jeans up there aren't jeans.  They're just more comfortable pants that look like skinny jeans ;)
 
All from Uniqlo bought by my mum
 
My mum also got me a whole bunch of fitness clothing that I should probably put into use...
 
 
And Malaysia wasn't just for buying clothes.  We obviously bought other items too.
 
Such as bags and purses...
 
 
Red evening bag: My aunty from Mango
London purse: $3 from China Town
 
And jewellery...
 
 
From my aunty
 
And books...
 
 
A Thousand Pieces of You: $18 Kinokuniya
The 100 Society: $12 MPH
Let's Get Lost: $13 MPH
The Art of Lainey: $12 MPH
 
Including this book which I am so excited to read more of!  You guys should check out the blog for it: Rookie
 
 
$35 from MPH
 
And then there was all that cheap polaroid film...
 
 
Fuji film for less than $1 each
 
And I even got a puzzle for my room decoration!  It's just a question of whether I'll actually complete it.
 
 
$30 from some puzzle shop
 
So that was the bunch of stuff I accumulated under the RM currency.  Isn't it ironic how my top said Collect moments not things.  Well I hope you somewhat enjoyed looking at my month long shopping haul.  I know I'm pretty satisfied with all my new stuff, and I can't wait to go back again next year, partly for the shopping of course.
 
I wonder if they'll ever open a H&M or Forever 21 in Australia.  I wonder if I'll ever love Top Shop, seeing as people like Zoella all seem to.
 
Let's just say that shopping is fun.  And as I grow, the shops I like will change.  I mean, just two years ago the thought of shopping made me cringe, and now it makes me feel excited.
 
Love,
M 







51 comments:

  1. Oh, this is such a great haul! Don't they have a H&M where you live? We don't have Forever 21 either.... You got so many nice things!
    I really love that blue lace top and the bird dress! <33 And do you have a Polaroid camera? I really want one...

    x I tagged you here !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately they don't :( But hey at least I have some clothing that no one else here has ;) Thanks Yasmine!! And I do have a polaroid camera. I love the instant photos and how vintage and tumblr they all look. Thanks for the tag!!

      Delete
  2. i like the bird dress <3

    www.dicexcvi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kandice. I'm looking forward to wearing it <3

      Delete
  3. I love all the things, especially that cardigan it looks super cute on you. I want one :) Cheap film, something I wish I could find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skye! I love my cardigan too. It seems to be my go to item now. Haha yeah cheap film is pretty awesome. I definitely stocked up quite a bit ;)

      Delete
  4. You bought a lot of things and I like them all.
    Your shirts are very cool.
    Where I live there is no forever 21 or H&M too so I feel you on that. :D

    http://programmerstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha it puts such a limit on our wardrobes but at least we spend a little less money, right?

      Delete
  5. Hey I had no idea Malaysia had such nice shops!! I may be a bit thick but I thought it wouldn't have shops like H&M!! Who knew!? :)
    Looks like you did a serious splurge!! Lucky you!!!

    http://mystery-girl007.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you'd be surprised by the amount of malls they have in Malaysia. There's often also Louis Vuittons and Chanel shops and stuff with the scary closed doors. Very lucky me ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the jumper from your aunt, it's adorable and it looks so comfy. :) That puzzle piece looks really difficult to solve though, with the picture having similar shades, but puzzles are always a great way to kill time. :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't wait to wear it when winter comes. And the puzzle really does look so difficult to do, but I think it will look amazing as room decoration. I just haven't found any time to kill yet..

      Delete
  7. Yes, I follow you on gfc, follow back ?

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute clothes!

    howtolyfe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there lovely ! Amazing post. I nominated you to the Liebster award I'd love for you to answer my questions! The link to the rules and questions is here:

    http://shared--thoughts.blogspot.com/2015/01/an-award-where-when-i-accept.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination Khaoula!! I'm checking it out now ;)

      Delete
  10. The clothes are so cute! Great haul!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morning! They're practically all I wear now xo

      Delete
  11. Black and white is just the best combination;)
    You've returned home with a huge haul haha! :D I love everything!
    Oh and I'm terribly jealous of your sports clothes;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks June. I haven't really used the sports clothes yet but maybe I should start wearing them on my morning jogs.

      Delete
  12. Great work on shopping! I miss shopping in Malaysia, especially the market!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malaysian markets are amazing! They have the cheapest stuff and the best food and biscuits. Mmm I miss it too.

      Delete
  13. Malaysia is very beautiful, hope you enjoyed your stay
    i am following your blog, please follow back. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/ thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melody. I'm checking out your blog now xx

      Delete
  14. I love absolutely everything you bought, it all looks lovely!
    Great Post!
    www.amberoseblogs.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It really is quite lovely ;)

      Delete
  15. You got some really cute clothing, I love shopping in Malaysia! I'll have to ask my parents to get me a few thing when they go back to KL hehe. There's H&M here in Melbourne and I think they open one in Sydney too. There's a Forever 21 in Brisbane and I'm eagerly waiting for them to open one in Melbourne! :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I most definitely need to go to Melbourne now!! And I can't wait for Forever 21 to spread a little south too!! Haha yeah I can't wait to go back to KL. That country is like a second home in a way, with better shops ;)

      Delete
  16. omg how lucky are you! I want to shop there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I want to go back there!!

      Delete
  17. great finds. wish i could get polaroid for $1 each!

    xoxo...beth
    www.fashiondotnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah film is just so expensive here. I wish I could get some for $1 locally too.

      Delete
  18. Wow! you shopped a lot! Am loving the animal print top.

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I certainly did. Thanks Rosh!!

      Delete
  19. Woahhh dude you own some sweet stuff! The clothes are cute and those books look like interesting reads! c;

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy-Anne. They were actually all really good books so I definitely recommend them.

      Delete
  20. That was quite an amazing shopping you made!
    Love the black and white items! <3
    Have a good day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anja! You have a good day too xx

      Delete
  21. That's so cool! I love the "awesome" shirt.
    ~Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too. I can't wait for winter to come around so I can wear it.

      Delete
  22. Ok can we just discuss how jealous I am of all of this stuff if you want to send it all to me I don't mind ;)
    Another Teen On The Web

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I would be jealous too ;)

      Delete
  23. Girl, it looks like you went all out in the mall ! You got some lovely items and I've been wanting to read "Let's Get Lost" for while so tell me if you liked it ! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good book!! And I most definitely went all out while I could ;)

      Delete
  24. Nice blogshop girl. Keep it up!

    Visit us for abaya, kids clothing & caramelo almond crunchies :)

    http://anggunsalmah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete