Monday, 8 December 2014

The First Birthday Party in Years

In grade 1 I had a party at the zoo, in grade 2 it was at an interactive science museum, and in grade 4 I went ice skating.  Since then the most I have done is gone shopping near my birthday, and maybe caught a movie whilst there.  Well, that was up until yesterday when I finally had my first birthday party in years.  It was a paintball party!



Okay, just to spoil the ending for you, it was so fun!  My lovely friends made it an amazing day and now I'm sitting here wondering why I didn't just have a birthday party earlier.





The truth is, having a birthday party of your own is actually so stressful, even though you're really stressing over nothing.  Number one, you have to choose who you're going to invite.  This always creates some drama in your mind because you have a limited number and obviously some people won't end up being invited, and it makes you feel so so bad, and them too.  Number two, you have to actually give out the invites and wait for RSVPs, which some people aren't so good at giving.  And number three, being paintball, the party was very weather dependent.  The day before, it was raining so heavily and the forecast said there was going to be another day of rain.  This actually freaked me out so much, but the next day I woke up to perfect sunny weather.  I guess the forecast just really wanted to make me worry over nothing.



So when we first arrived at the place, everyone was so scared.  We could see the people playing the game in their camo suits and bulky helmets, and the whole thing looked like a scene from World War 1, which we had just been learning in history.  The bangs of the guns and the bullets also made us afraid getting shot would hurt, which it did a little but it wasn't even the real paintball, seeing as we're under 16.



But once the games started, I got pretty into it.  Loading and shooting with the guns, and playing all the different games, I think I actually got some exercise for once.  Although my team lost in the end, playing the games were such a good experience.  I especially enjoyed the last one where it was just my group.  My dad even came in to join us and we played a shooting game, where everyone had to shoot at those without ammunition, who had to run between barrels like that shooting ducks game at carnivals.  One of my friends and I pretended we had run out, and came back from behind to shoot the instructor :').  The ducks fought back.


Being a paintball place, there were also quite a lot of hot guys ;).  There was that instructor in the yellow shirt, that guy in the brown shirt, the guy in the blue shorts.  You could see some of the welts on them though, because that's how much the real paintballs hurt.


And then there were the presents I got, which were actually so sweet.  The cards were full of personal information and inside jokes, which I had never gotten during my primary school parties.




And here are the presents I got...



 
Haha.  There's loads of pineapples because I think I have a pineapple fetish, and my friends know it ;)
 
 


Yes.  I even got a polaroid camera, which a bunch of my friends chipped in to buy for me.  Here's the first polaroid, taken at the party then and there.


So I'd say this birthday was one of the best, even though it wasn't my actual birthday.  I absolutely love all my friends and I would love to spend every birthday with them <3  Thanks for coming you guys <3 <3 <3



Love,
M

44 comments:

  1. Paintball can be serious fun, but also it can leave you sore afterwards.

    Glad you had a great time. :)

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah so I saw. Luckily we were playing mini paintball, so it wasn't that painful. Thanks Jes!! xx

      Delete
  2. That cake looks delicious :D
    Paint ball is just too much fun :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted just as delicious ;) Yeah it really is. That was my first time.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a great time, I've never tried paintball before. I really want a polaroid camera for Christmas and that pineapple speaker is amazing, you are so lucky!
    Tshi1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tshi1! The polaroid camera is actually my new obsession and I'm kicking myself for not bringing it when there are so many photo opportunities missed! Paintball is definitely worth trying and that speaker really is amazing <3

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to try paintball but looks like you had fun! cute gifts too :D

    www.dicexcvi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dice! You should definitely try paintball at least once, and I love my friends and my gifts <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It was Candice! You should try it. xx

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a great time, I want to go and try paintball someday. Arghh, so many things I have to try one day!
    That cake looks amazing! Glad you had so much fun :)

    -Kathie K
    http://climbingthroughtomorrow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie! Haha yeah I always wanted to do paintball too. I guess that's checked off my list ;) That cake was amazing and I have my lovely mummy to thank for finding someone to make it ;)

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a super awesome birthday, and those gifts are so amazing! I've always wanted one of those cameras...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super awesome!! And I have no idea how my friends figured out what I wanted before I even knew myself <3 This camera is actually my new obsession. I need to take it everywhere from now on.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! I have wanted a polaroid camera for ages!

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tegan!! I am in love with my polaroid camera and I hope you get one soon xx

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a lot of fun! That camera is super cute!

    Yasmeen xx
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did Yasmeen! And I love the camera too <3

      Delete
  10. Sounds and looks like so much fun! I know what you mean by not really having celebrated one's birthday properly in so long. Ha, love all the pineapples you received as gifts, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Kie!! Yeah, I reckon a lot of us don't do the yearly parties, but I kinda want to. Although maybe my next one will be smaller, because paintball did cost quite a bit. Heheh... pineapples are great ;)

      Delete
  11. That is so cool! I've never been paintballing, but it sounds like so much fun. :) And those are some pretty neat birthday cards too. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Paintballing was so fun and you should definitely try it once in your life! Yeah I love my friends <3

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. It was definitely a ton of fun Jordy ;)

      Delete
  13. Looks so much fun ! I've never gone to paintball ! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! You should definitely try it Michele xx

      Delete
  14. This sounds fun! I just realized that it's been a while since I celebrated my birthday with some friends LOL Been spending it with the bf for the last 3 years!

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you should go have a girls night for your next birthday!! Trust me. It's worth it. :)

      Delete
  15. This looks really fun! I've always wanted to try paintballing but scared it will be painful haha
    Jess x
    http://sprinkleofneon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun! And the paintball we played barely hurt at all. It was a little like getting flicked at the worst. But I'm not sure how painful the real paintball would be, and I don't think I want to find out.

      Delete
  16. This looks like such a fun birthday party experience, I've never been paint-balling and don't think I'll ever go but it does look crazy! Looks like you got some lovely presents, also :)

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a great experience Meg! I'm not sure if I'll ever go again either because it looks like the real thing will be painful. And yeah my presents are pretty lovely ;)

      Delete
  17. Looks like you had an amazing day .
    Paint balling looks and sounds like it would hurt lol. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and it didn't really hurt honestly. Although, that's just because we played the under 16 version ;)

      Delete
  18. I'm so glad you liked all your presents! And that you had an enjoyable birthday! xx TWO MORE DAYS M!
    Love,
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I loved the presents and had a great day, because you were there June!! <3 <3 I can't believe I'm actually going to be 15 in 2 days!! What's it like being so old?

      Delete
  19. That looked like so much fun! Paint-balling has always scared me as I've had 18 year old guys tell me that they were in agony for days after it! And I'm a very fragile person...! Those personal messages in the cards are so cute! It seems you've got great friends, but they should have let the birthday girl win! Haha!

    Happy Birthday! xx
    Golden Ducklings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Yeah the actual paintballing scared me too, because the shirtless 18 year old guys came out with welts ;) Haha yeah I love my friends, but they really should've shouldn't they!?

      Delete
  20. Terrific ideas! Yeah having a birthday party at zoo is an interesting and unique choice! This is a place where kids have several things to do. I am also thinking to book space Miami events and will chose theme of zoo for my son’s 6th birthday party and I will invite his all friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh. The zoo seriously was great for us 6 year olds, feeding the giraffes and all that. I hope your son has a great birthday! x

      Delete