Saturday, 20 December 2014

Instagram Bios

Being in Malaysia, around the wide spread need for wifi and my cousin's tumblr photo obsessions has rubbed off on me.  I'm now a little too Instagram obsessed.  It's not my personal Instagram that I'm obsessed with.  It's my other ones. 

I have one for this blog, which I had before the trip anyway.  @thelifeoflittleme  I mean, when I first got it I was pretty obsessed, and now I guess Malaysia has rekindled that.  I'm posting more than ever.


My cousin also has this joint photography account with her friends, where they post very tumblr looking images with irrelevant deep quotes as the captions.  At first I thought it was stupid.  But then, after taking some very nice shots of my own and looking back at some of my spontaneous tumblr photo shoots, I decided to make one too. @turquoisedecember  Please don't judge.  It's mostly a spam of pretty pictures and quotes.


Anyway, that isn't the point of my post today.  What I was going to say is that after browsing Instagram for a while, I noticed that some accounts have very creative, relatable or knowledgeable bios, and I'd like to share them with you (minus the very effective emojis, which is unfortunate).

...

An epic battle between caring too much and not caring at all

I broke up with my gym... We just weren't working out

The rest of the world was in black and white but I was in screaming colour

Live the life you've always imagined

too glam to give a damn


Eat it or beat it

You know my username, not my password

Oh the frigid wind of teenage rebellion

Wondering when manners will become the next trend

Call me beep me if you want to reach me


Don't play hard to get... Play hard to forget

How can I be ready for the future when I'm not even ready to get up in the morning :]

Act like a lady.  Think like a boss.

The only club I get down at is club penguin

I've always been afraid of losing people I love.  Sometimes I wonder if there's anyone afraid to lose me


To die would be an awfully big adventure

"I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal" - Ron Burgundy

Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company

I once heard a wise man say, 'don't raise your voice.  Improve your argument.'

A misfit isn't a misfit among misfits


No expectations, no disappointments

Success is the best revenge

"You want weapons?  We're in a library.  Books are the best weapons in the world." - Doctor Who

"In order to be irreplaceable one must be different" - Coco Chanel

The number of followers you have doesn't matter because Hitler had millions and Jesus had 12

 
I wish that all your dreams come true... But don't forget nightmares are dreams too

Helium walks into a bar and the barman says, we don't serve Nobel gases here.  Helium doesn't react.

They say keep following your dreams so I'm gonna keep sleeping

"Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream" - Taylor Swift

We're not taking selfies.  we're just being dramatic on camera


maybe you'll fight fire with fire, maybe you'll let yourself burn

Life is simple.  But we insist on making it complicated

If being afraid is a crime, we hang side by side ..

It's always darkest before the dawn

Lactose intolerant so I'm not allowed any milkshakes to bring all the boys to the yard


I'm not crazy my mother had me tested - Sheldon Big Bang Theory

wanted: all the gossip

7 billion people.  14 billion faces.

You can tell a lot about a person from their biography

"It's a new art form showing people how little we care" - Lorde


Life's like a camera: focus on the important things & you'll capture it perfectly

Any awkward situation you find yourself in, there is always someone worse off.  That someone is me.

Your smile could light up New York City after dark

I'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey than anyone's cup of tea

dum dum give me some gum gum


Don't worry about those who talk behind your back.  They're behind you for a reason.

Feeling everything and nothing at the same time

There are more nipples than people in the world

I ship me and money $$$

"Dress like you're going to meet your worst enemy today" - vogue


we'll we'll we'll if it isn't autocorrect

chill amigo all is well. let your heart do the smiley emogi

:)

Love,
M

24 comments:

  1. Oh, such gorgeous pictures! Have a wonderful christmas! With love,
    Vera
    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vera! You have a wonderful Christmas too xx

      Delete
  2. Yes,yes yes. I loved all of these quotes. My favorite being, I'm not crazy my mother had me tested. Oh Sheldon. This post really did make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha yes Sheldon is one amazing socially awkward person <3 <3 :') I'm glad you liked them

      Delete
  3. These quotes... I loved them all!
    'Dum dum give me some gum gum' was hilarious :D

    salha | abuhayar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did Salha! Haha yeah that one was from Night in the Museum :') Oh that giant grey face :')

      Delete
  4. This is great. :) It really made me smile today.

    I have to say I like Instagram too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! This comment is making me smile <3 Instagram sure is great!!

      Delete
  5. These are interesting. I always see interesting bios on IG as well. I'm also following a lot of twitter accounts with awesome bios, but they're too inappropriate to share (bc their accounts are usually for 18+ or 21+) lol

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're making me curious as to what these bios could possibly say ;) It really is interesting the bios people come up with, and how deep they can attempt to be :')

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous pictures,
    I agree instagram can be very interesting :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! Instagram sure is a place full of discovery ;)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures! :) Instagram is amazing.

    Ivana @ Bookish Teens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana xx Haha yeah it is :)

      Delete
  8. Hey! I think your blog is super rad, so I have nominated you for "The Versatile Blogger Award"! Don't feel obligated to join in, but if you do I would love to see what you post! Check it out here http://bit.ly/1HgWFiV xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tegan. I'm checking out the award now xx

      Delete
  9. Oh these quotes are great!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they're on people we knows' instagrams ;) ;)

      Delete
  10. Hi M! :)

    Some of these quotes are really great! I could use some of them for my lettering work. And I love the Kim Possible photo too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Dian
    The Happy Candle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dian! These quotes really are perfect for lettering, because instagram bios are so short and sweet. Haha Kim Possible is the best. No problem xx

      Delete
  11. THIS IS FANTASTIC XD My friend's bio always makes me laugh :) "Always classy, sometimes sassy" :) I can only wish my bio will one day be that clever :)
    <3 Katie
    http://luvelylittlelulladoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love that. It's one great mantra to live by too. It's like the ultimate girl's way of life. And let me give you a tip.. when she changes her bio, steal it ;)

      Delete