Thursday, 4 December 2014

I can taste the freedom


6 more hours tomorrow and the 2014 school year will officially be over!  It'll be the last day of classes, the last day of books, the last day of routine.  After tomorrow I will be free to live however I please.  I can take up a few hobbies, I can watch TV for as long as I want, I can actually get some stuff organised and I can even paint my nails!!

 
It'll officially be the end of year 9, and sure I'm going to miss it and think about how old I am becoming, and all the pressures and new beginnings ahead, but, I mean, I still have another 3 years of high school.  It's not like it's actually the end of anything.  Year 9 has been a pretty good school year and let's leave it at that.  For me now, it's the beginning of a long long holiday.  Nothing really needs to be addressed until February, when life will have to resume again.

This last week has already been pretty free.  We've had no homework, we've had class parties, movies and I've been able to skip quite a few too.  Life is good and it's about to get better.


It's funny how lazy I can be.  Having no homework or anything makes me so so happy.  I'm not one of those people that needs work to be sane.  I'd be happy to have TV marathons home alone for many days.  I mean, sure sometimes I get lonely at home and feel the urge to meet up with people, so that's exactly what I do.  That's how the holidays work.  They're a moment of freedom and bliss before school starts again.  I wonder if that's what being an adult feels like.

So tomorrow I will pack up my books, load them in the car, and say some tearful goodbyes to those actually leaving.  But even that can't bring me down too much, because the one that matters, June @Journeys of my Beating Heart, I will most definitely see again. 


Tomorrow night will be a sleepover, which I am already super excited for, a lovely way to kick off my freedom and the holidays.  What's better than junk food, movies and shopping?  I might even do a mini book haul with my new Dymocks gift vouchers.  See how free I am now?

The holidays will have sleepovers, late mornings, little projects, reading, loads of television, birthday parties, and finally Malaysia.  Yup.  In 2 weeks I'm heading out of this country for the first time in around 2 years.  Thank god.  I need an escape.  And once I've left the country, well I guess I'll be even more free.


In fact, I'm so free right now that I don't care if it's almost midnight.  I don't care that I still have to wake up early tomorrow.  I can make up for it in the holidays.  You may be reading this thinking I'm insane, but if you're in school, you should be able to relate.


Guess what?

I'M PRACTICALLY FREE

Love,
M

47 comments:

  1. Year 10! Around here in 10th parents, teachers and any XY relative starts bothering you with career stuff it's really annoying >_<..
    I know how weather works but still it sounds funny that it'll be summer vacation there :P XD

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Year 10 is pretty important here too. We have to start deciding on our career paths and which program to take and stuff. Haha summer vacay here while all those Americans are still in school ;)

      Delete
  2. School holidays are what dreams are made of!

    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey now hey now this is what dreams are made of!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! :) And I can kinda relate. Our education system here is so strict sometimes. ><

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? Education and their pointless rules. Who's going to notice my painted nails anyway? And no one cares whether I'm wearing a blazer or my hair is an "unnatural" colour.

      Delete
  4. Yes! I so relate! I'm in college, but finals are next week. And I am dying for Christmas break. The only thing that keeps me going sometimes is the end is in sight,and then I can do what I want. I can stay up late, watch movies, read books, write, play guitar, all to my heart's content.

    We are almost free! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Stick it out for one more week! The light at the end of the tunnel is almost here. I know the feeling of staying up late, loads of television and just inspiring yourself <3

      You are almost free!

      Delete
  5. That gif brings back so many memories... And congratulations on another year-- well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? Gabriella and Troy make the perfect couple <3 Thanks Vanshi!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations M! Wow year ten! :)
    It sounds so weird to me that you have summer now... xox but yay! Hope you enjoy your summer holidays!

    By the way, would you like to swap buttons? I offer button swap now too xoxoxo! <3

    Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yasmine! I know... I actually feel so old. Aha yeah it's kinda weird the season opposites and holiday opposites, but I will definitely enjoy my holiday ;)

      I'd love to swap buttons too xx

      Delete
  7. Nice post!
    Can you check out my contest? It would mean a lot to me. ^.^ Thanks! X
    http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/2014/12/contest-time.html
    - June

    ReplyDelete
  8. great life reflection and i love to know people`s school life.

    would you like to follow each other? Let me know

    http://www.fashionculturediary.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love reading blog posts about peoples' lives too. :) I'm checking out your blog now.

      Delete
  9. Great post ! enjoy your summer holidays :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg congrats! Have a great holiday! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I'm absolutely in bliss right now because I don't have anything I need to do. I'm checking out your blog now.

      Delete
  11. Have an amazing holiday M! You deserve it!! I'm only 2 and a half weeks away from my Christmas Holiday.

    Lucy @ My Little Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! You have a good one too in 2 weeks!!

      Delete
  12. Work to be sane? Are there really people like that?

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!!! You're so lucky! I still have quite a few months until summer! Enjoy your freedom!;)
    With love,
    Vera xx
    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vera! I will and I hope you do too in a few months. Stick it out.

      Delete
  14. YOU ARE SO LUCKY! My school doesn't end until three days before Christmas.... Enjoy your time off!
    - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I am ;) But hey, didn't you guys just have your three months of summer holidays? ;)

      Delete
  15. Ah, lucky! I still have a few more weeks of school...can't wait till it's over. But I'm happy for you! Merry Christmas!:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I hope your few more weeks go by quickly. Merry Christmas to you too xx

      Delete
  16. Cheers for the holidays! :D
    Haha seems that school has tired you out quite a bit.
    I'm so glad we get to see each other again.. oh and your birthday's in the holidays! <3<3 Another thing to be excited for ;)
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks June! Cheers to you too! Yess it is! And you know what else is in the holidays? CHRISTMAS

      Delete
  17. Aww I can feel your happiness through this post. Enjoy your holidays!

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am pretty happy :) Thanks Krista!!

      Delete
  18. This post is so awesome! :) I love the High School Musical GIF XD I really like how you write it :) I just graduated last year from High School and I actually LOVE when i have the oppurtunity to do something of real value because I'm usually just sitting at home watching youtube which sounds awesome but when you've been doing that for 6 ish months.....:p
    <3 Katie
    http://luvelylittlelulladoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Sometimes I can't wait to graduate but sometimes I wish I never would too. I get what you mean with the whole wishing for opportunities when there's no school to keep you grounded. I have that feeling quite a few times in the holidays.

      Delete
  19. Whaaaaaat???? I have two more weeks until winter break ;( You're so lucky! Cherish all those days off for me ;)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the only perks of living in Australia. I will cherish them for you Rachel ;)

      Delete
    2. Hope you don't mind me chipping in.. :D The downside tho is HOT christmas

      Delete
    3. No worries ;) I wish we had white Christmas' too. But I will forever love our long holiday filled optimistic summer. <3

      Delete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete