Monday, 10 November 2014

Scrolling Through My Social Media

If you're anything like me, every morning you go through your instagram, snap chat and twitter as if it's your morning newspaper.  You do it to see pointless ads, laugh at memes, see what various people from school have been up to in the last 12 hours... and sometimes, you will stumble across a caption or image that is completely and utterly relatable, or just smart, and you'll have no choice but to screenshot it.

So I've decided to share with you some tidbits that have appeared on my newsfeed recently...


 
I just absolutely loved this.  It's like a little act of girl power.  Cinderella didn't need no man.  She just wanted a fun night out dancing, getting away from all that work.  I know the feeling Cindy.  Assessments are tough.
 
 
 
This is basically me and my sister.  She can be the most annoying little hormonal b*tch at times.  But then, we always have our little jam sessions in the car, singing Taylor Swift or Let it Go, or just fangirling over our very similar book taste
 
 
 
I've honestly always loved the idea of parents introducing their kids, and the kids being great friends too.  It just makes life so much easier.  Ever wonder how people at your school know people from other schools, or how some girls have had this same friend since before friends even seemed to matter?  It makes those first scary sleepovers at the age of five, and those first shopping trips at the age of three possible.  I know I'm grateful for my current family friends, even if they weren't my original ones.
 
 
 
This actually doesn't relate to me at all, seeing as I don't wear makeup and I don't have much experience with relationships (all girls school).  But it was a caption on someone's post, and I just had to.  I think all this Taylor Swift relationship talk is getting to me.
 
 
 
"Don't compare your behind the scenes with everyone's highlight moments."
I think this is a very important lesson to learn.  I know every time I see pics of people meeting up while I'm at home, I feel kinda down.  But I have to think about all those times I meet up too, and all the people staying at home while I do that.  I bet my highlight moments are probably even more amazing than theirs'.  They just happen at different times, that's all.
 
 
 
Haha.  The wise words of the cookie monster <3.  Live for all those fabulous moments, and when you're down, immerse yourself in junk food, which can make any moment a fabulous moment.
 
 
 
 
Don't you dare judge this Gossip Girl reference.  I get that Blair is supposed to be a bit of a 'mean girl'.  But I'd like to focus on that all powerful confident side of her, and it worked didn't it?  She owns a major fashion company, has the best love life and has an amazing best friend.  But seriously, next time you're feeling insecure or too scared to ask for something, think about what Blair Waldorf would do.
 
 
 
It's exactly what I'd love to do when reading a good book.  You know, it's so much more entertaining reading a chapter of Lara Jean's life than living a chapter of mine at school, and she can't even do magic...
 
 
 
This doesn't apply to me of course, seeing as I have no ex that's still in love with me.  I was just thinking of Matty Mckibben from the TV show Awkward.  You see, I'm up to season 2 and I love how he's still completely in love with Jenna, even though she's chosen Jake.
 
 
 
It's just a little music analogy that relates to everything.  The laughter needs to be played, the memories need to be frozen in place forever there, the pain needs to stop, and the happiness needs to go on over and over again.
 
 
 
I'm not sure if you'll get this but if you're a City of Bones fan, you will.  I think I was just feeling nostalgic now that this specific series has ended, and I'm thinking back to all those characters and the complexity and intenseness of the entire story, which is one of the best I've ever read.
 
 
 
Because I really really do.  Think about all those remarkable people out there, all those adventures, all the things in life, all those things that are already written in books.  I want to be one of those people.  I want to have an interesting story to tell.  I want to experience something so great I need to write it down like a screenshot, a whole book that I would want to read all day, a book full of highlight moments.
 
 
And those are just a few images and words I'd like to share with you.  Although, honestly, just by reading one good blog, or simply scrolling through your blog feed like a morning newspaper, you can find 1000 times more inspiration.
 
Love,
M


56 comments:

  1. Woh..that was a long post but kind of really cool..:P
    It's like a morning ritual waking up and checking mobile for any new snapchat or chat or text etc :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah. I guess I just have a lot to share ;) And I'm glad I'm not the only one with the morning phone ritual

      Delete
  2. That first paragraph xD "morning paper" LOL so true.
    I liked the stuff you've decided to share in this post. Especially the cookie monster quote <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha ikr? And thanks! The cookie monster sure is wise <3

      Delete
  3. Oh, loved these. It's my favorite thing to be scrolling through quotes and funny lines :) Thanks a lot for sharing, enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good thing that's over half of my newsfeed every morning. I'm glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete
  4. "What would Blair Waldorf do?"
    That one is legit <3

    xx
    http://mythifiedqueen.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it so is!! I literally stared at that one for a whole minute when I first saw it.

      Delete
  5. I want to live a life worth writing about <3

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check my emails and Twitter even before I go to morning pee, hahaha! I love this Cinderella's quote, it's just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... and when I'm really busting I just check them while peeing. Too much information? And yeah, it really is <3

      Delete
  7. I do the same thing! ;P Instagram is life
    Love all these different quotes, all so true!

    With Love, Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Instagram is great ;)

      Delete
  8. love this post! I've tagged you to do a fall tag, if you could have a look at my blog and check it out I would be very grateful!
    http://ablogbyisabel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isabel! I'm checking out the nomination now xx

      Delete
  9. love the Cinderella quote and one about siblings!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha yeah they're pretty great ;)

      Delete
  10. I love all the quotes you posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordy! I'm glad you did.

      Delete
  11. I love this post so much! Such a cute idea. Definitely love the siblings one, and the comparing your behind the scenes to someone's highlights. Quotes can be seen as quite soppy but actually I think so many of them are so relevant!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks India! Quotes really are great things to look at, although I'd never post one myself because of that soppy image ;) But knowing that someone out there must've felt exactly what you felt really makes things feel better.

      Delete
  12. I definitely do the same thing every morning! Especially with instagram. Loving all of these quotes and pictures you chose. So adorable!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yess instagram is a necessity. Thanks Denise!! xx

      Delete
  13. I adore this post! I might do one myself haha ;) You should do another sometime!
    Xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! You should. And maybe I will ;)

      Delete
  14. Oh my word! This is great... I especially loved the cookie monster one haha. I might do a post like this sometime too! It was a brilliant idea :)
    - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks July. The cookie monster really is so relatable. I mean, who doesn't want to eat cookies? You definitely should make a nice little newsfeed post!

      Delete
  15. I definitely think it is so easy to compare yourself to others via social media. I liked that you shared what caught your interest :)

    http://dignifiable.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww such a cute post!
    " Someone that remains loyal to you even without a relationship is someone you should marry" That's such a sweet quote <3
    Haha I won't be able to live without my social media:))
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J! It really is a sweet quote <3 If you like it you should go watch the TV show Awkward ;)

      Delete
  17. I love your interpretation of those thoughts! lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Don't compare your behind the scenes with everyone's highlight moments." - Something I am still learning to do. I feel the exact same thing, and I'm trying to think of all my happy moments too.

    ANd yes, a life worth writing about would be preferable xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you can relate to a bunch of these. I'm still trying to follow that lesson too...

      Delete
  19. txt about cindarella made my day!
    xoxo
    anjage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice Post

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, G+, FB and Instagram?

    vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pictures and quotes! Love the first one! So true, lol!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thanks Stella. It's great right!!

      Delete
  22. Great post! Some of these quotes are so inspirational!

    Ivana @ Bookish Teens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana! I'm glad you think so xx

      Delete
  23. Hi, I was nominated for a blog award by my friend Maya (ohemgeeitsmaya) and I in turn decided to nominate you. Details can be found on my blog :)
    Eve of penandkey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination Eve! I'm checking it out now xx

      Delete
  24. Real nice quotes! Loved your wee thoughts of them!

    Lucy @ My Little Life

    P.S. If all these were on my social media I would be liking/ re-tweeting/ favourite them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy!! Haha that's exactly how I feel whenever I pass something cool or relatable on social media. It's about following the right people ;)

      Delete
  25. I love the last one "I want to live a life worth writing about". Same way, I want to live a life worth reading so I could inspire others too.

    xo,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something I'd like to do too. <3 I guess that's why we've started blogs.

      Delete
  26. Thank you so much for sharing! Can totally realate to the them and am now feeling very inspired. :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Natalie. I'm glad you feel that way <3

      Delete