Saturday, 22 November 2014

Mockingjay Part 1



It's the third instalment of one of my favourite series of all time, Mockingjay Part 1.  The bit I don't like is the "part 1".  I mean, I seriously would have been fine with watching a super long movie with everything, rather than having to wait another whole year!  I get that it's a really complicated book and a whole bunch of stuff happened, but seriously.  Some movie makers are such money hunters.

Anyway, I'm just going to assume you all know what's been happening with the whole Hunger Games thing, and I'll skip to the fact that Katniss is the Mockingjay and she's leading a rebellion from district 13, while Peeta's been captured in the Capitol and all that.


The movie was so super intense!!  There were so many hand-grabbing moments and my eyes went watery quite a few times during all that dramatic music and speeches.  I kept getting really annoyed that while Katniss was talking to Gale and they were having a few sweet moments, Peeta was still being tortured in the Capitol.  I also kept comparing the whole war thing with World War 1 which we've been learning in History.  I don't know why.  It was pretty political and there were like bombs and shootings and stuff.

So it's late now and I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post or how I'm structuring anything, but I do have so much more I wanna say, so I'm just gonna state what's on my mind now...

I FREAKIN LOVE KATNISS


Team Peeta all the way!!



Liam Hemsworth is seriously so hot <3


Did anyone else only just re-realise that the game-maker rebel guy died in real life?  How the hell are they supposed to make part 2?  Last I remember he ended up being pretty important.


Sitting on the edge of the group in cinemas is both good and bad.  I mean, you don't get annoyed at people talking as much, but at the same time you talk less.  Does that make sense?

That president woman annoys me.  Especially her hair.


President Snow is kinda cool... but pure evil.  Like the snow queen in Narnia.  They should date.  Lol.

But then again, he looks like Santa.


Finnick is really hot and I really wanna see him in Love, Rosie with Lily Collins and a British accent. ;)


The girl who acts as Annie went to my school.


Some lines:
  • "Any other requirements?" "My sister gets to keep her cat"
  • "We'll make you the best looking rebel in history" -Effie
  • "And that's how you end a rebellion" -Haymitch

Did you know J-Law didn't even wear any makeup in parts of it?


Honestly, book 3 wasn't really my favourite but I understand it had to be written and I did like some parts.  I just miss the games.

Holy crap that ending!!  I feel so traumatized and Peeta... no... Poor Katniss.  I freakin hate the Capitol.  I don't care if this is fictional because I'm having very non-fictional feelings about it right now.  I need part 2.  I need to see Peeta as Peeta again.  I'm sorry.  Josh Hutcherson isn't even that hot, but Peeta is just so sweet and amazing and you'll see my heartbreak when you watch this movie.

So yeah.  Have fun watching if you haven't already, and I strongly advise you read the books because they're really good!

Love,
M

50 comments:

  1. I like the book it is pretty badass :D
    Haven't seen a whole lot of Hoffman movies but the one's I did are pretty good..and in Hemsworth brothers I like Chris more I mean he is freaking Thor!!
    Movie doesn't open until 27 in India..sigh...They could have released both parts at the gap of 4-5 months like WB did with Harry Potter's last book..though I wouldn't mind sitting through a 3 hour movie as well like LOTR :P
    Movies with young Josh Hutcherson he looks better in those eg.Little Manhattan, Journey to the centre of the earth :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Hemsworth sure is amazing. He's been voted sexiest man this year, but personally I love him for being Thor <3
      And have fun watching after it's finally been released! That's a little weird seeing as India is way closer to America than Australia. I would have rathered a 3 hour movie, but even a 4-5 month gap sounds reasonable enough. Why are they such bummmmssss!?
      Josh Hutcherson was amazing as a kid. Bridge to Terrabithia <3

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I need to see the movie!! I read the books and they have albeen my very favorite books :)! I totally knew it was going to end the way it did (I haven't seen it but I asked someone who did) I think they made computer generated figures to be Plutarch in the second part. I'M SO DANG EXCITED!!!
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS I know the feeling. And everyone seemed to predict they'd end it that way :( Which is cruel but smart. Wow. I seriously can't wait for part two with the computer generated Plutarch...

      Delete
  3. AHHH! I can't wait to watch the movie. I've read all three books and I know I'm going to cry when Primrose dies. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU WILL LOVE IT! But dw... there'll me more to cry about than just Prim. Oh god don't remind me of Prim. It puts me off part 2 a little :'(

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I agree with everything you just said! Especially the part about Pests in the end. I've read all the books, but truthfully Mockingjay actually seemed the most boring. I hope that the movie is better. *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Mockingjay was the most boring of the lot, but she did have to tie it all up... and the ending was good. Aha I reckon the movie wasn't as good as the first two either, because of the lack of games, but I feel as if I followed it better.

      Delete
  5. I don't know if I can watch this movie. I am still so depressed from the book. Prim :(

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU CAN DO IT!! I remember after I finished the book series I stood in the shower and cried for a good few minutes. Aha overdramatic much? But yeah... Prim :(

      Delete
  6. I think the reason they do it in two parts is to make more money! Liam Hemsworth is so beautiful it makes me die a little. And the girl who plays Annie is gorgeous! It's been so long since I watched the last film, I'll have to recap before going to this one.


    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    Too Faced giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely why they've done it that way :( And he really is <3 Aha. I felt that way when I went to watch it too. I was a little confused as to what had happened.

      Delete
  7. OOH LA LA MOKINGJAY!
    Yea.. it's really annoying how they make it in 2 parts. The wait for part 2 will be torturous :(
    Haven't seen it yet:) I'm waiting for my opportunity to download it from the internet shhh...
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Juney. Would you mind sharing downloading sites with me ;) ;)

      Delete
  8. I'll probably watch it soon! It annoys me so much how they make the last book in a series two parts. It's sooo annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!??? Have fun when you watch it!! xx

      Delete
  9. OMG!!! I really want to watch this movie, but whenever I see Finnick in the trailers, I always end up crying. So, I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch it in the cinema. I'll prolly just wait for the DVD so I can watch it alone with my books, hahaha. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie! :)
    Liam is really hot, but Team Peeta all the way!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finnick :'((( <3 I know the feeling. Thanks!! I totally agree with you on the hotness and teams ;)

      Delete
  10. I'm really excited to see this movie I loved the part before and this one looks even better, can't wait and loved reading this post!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! Have fun watching it when you do!

      Delete
  11. I can not wait to watch this film your blog is really nice
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can watch it soon Lauren! Your blog is nice too xx

      Delete
  12. I am going on Monday and cannot wait!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm yet to watch the third installment but looking forward to see it!
    x

    My new post - http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun when you do! I'll check out your blog when my wifi starts up again <3

      Delete
  14. i love hunger games !!
    please follow me :) COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO TOO!! I'll come follow you when my wifi comes back up again xx

      Delete
  15. would you believe i haven't seen or read any of the hunger games? need to change this

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. if you want to, enter my christmas giveaway to win £660+ worth of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do need to change this!!

      Delete
  16. Really cool post! I heard that they have already filmed most of mocking jay part 2 already.....so they only had to redo a couple of scenes.

    ~KR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay good. So they won't have to make a cartoon Plutarch ;) Although it's pretty frustrating that they've filmed most of it and can't release part 2 sooner.

      Delete
  17. I like this movie)
    I follow u on GFC and I hope u follow me too!
    Have a nice week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good :) I'll come follow you when my wifi works again xx

      Delete
  18. It was incredibly intense!! Peeta was so scary ahhh. Also that kiss with Katniss and Gale was a little sad. :(
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES yes and yes!!! Awh I am so crushed by that ending, and yeah no. :'(

      Delete
  19. Nice post! Your blog looks great, would you like
    to follow each other ? :)

    kisses
    http://shinkusara.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to as soon as my wifi is working again.

      Delete
  20. I haven't watch this yet but it's on my movie list hahah.. great movie review. say would you like to follow each other? just let me know on my blog =)

    http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nana! You should watch it soon. And I'll check out your blog when my house wifi works again. I'm living off my phone data atm :/

      Delete
  21. I already saw the movie. I loved it! I mean, who would't. Although it wasn't as interesting as the first one.

    http://youcancallmes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha too true. I feel like when there's no game to the death, there's less interest.

      Delete
  22. I totally agree with you on everything! Liam Hemsworth <3<3<3 And I know; Phillip Seymour Hoffman kind of died in February...It's so sad! :( Idk what they're gonna do...
    -Margie

    ReplyDelete