Thursday, 20 November 2014

Alice In Zombieland

It's a badass title for a badass series, maybe a little too badass.  Alice in Zombieland is a trilogy I started reading back in year 7, and I was probably too young, but anyway, the third book came out this year and I finally got around to reading it. 

So I got introduced to this series by a friend who's obsessed with the old tales such as Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland.  She obviously thought this looked cool, and I did too.  The series turned out to be way too much for her, but for some reason I didn't stop reading.

Now, you'd think that it would be some kind of zombie play on Alice in Wonderland, and I think it was meant to be, but I honestly couldn't see it.  To me it was one nice little slightly sci fi trilogy about zombies and teenagers.


Basically, Alice Bell lives with her loving family, including her very paranoid father who's scared of "monsters".  What she doesn't know is that these "monsters" are real, and in one moment, they take away everyone she loves.  So Ali moves in with her grandparents and everything just happens from there.  At her school are a crew of bad boys who kill zombies by night, and if she wants to survive and avenge her family, she has to trust their leader, Cole Holland, and become a bit of a bad girl herself.  Her best friend, Kat, is awesome though.

Yeah... it all sounds really dramatic and zombie-ish.  But the story is actually pretty good, and heated, and intense, and kinda inappropriate. 

If you hadn't guessed already, Cole is the love interest and I actually don't find him attractive, although I can bypass that.  I mean, he has violet eyes and a nipple piercing.  All of that just turns me waaay off.  But you know, while reading you can kinda imagine it all doesn't exist.  He's also really good with Ali.  Especially in the second book.


I honestly can't remember what happened in Through the Zombie Glass, but I know I loved the book and couldn't stop reading.  I think it had something to do with Ali becoming a zombie and weird visions but who knows.  I know there was some kind of love triangle or drama going on with Cole and Ali, and I just really love reading about when the guy gets jealous.  Even if it's really aggressive like Cole is.


Speaking of aggressive, that's exactly how I found the third book, Queen of Zombie Hearts.  The girls were way too egotistical, and the whole relationship thing was so possessive.  I think I heard the words "she's mine" accompanied by some form of growling too much.  The story was good though, with the whole zombie war and family drama, and the betrayals and mystery.  I can't really go into detail with anything because the whole series is one big tangled web that you should untangle for yourself.

This series is also really dirty.  Not fifty shades of grey dirty but still pretty dirty.  Just.. yeah...

Well, I thought I'd share an interesting series with you.  It's pretty creative and well-written so why not? 

You know, I'm looking like a zombie now with bandages around my wrist because I may have broken it.  No wait, that's a mummy.

Love,
M

22 comments:

  1. I tried reading Gena Showalter's works and after like, two books I was like "NEVER AGAIN" so even though I really wanted to read this Alice trilogy, I didn't >.> like you said, it proved too much for me too xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I searched her up and found a whole bunch of her other books, and man even those covers are too much for me. I don't know what's inside them though because I couldn't even stand to look. I think Alice in Zombieland is different though, because it's in the YA section.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, it looks cool! I've never seen it before.

    Oh and M, I tagged you! If you're interested. And Love your blog, girl!

    http://thetuddapuddadiaries.blogspot.fr/2014/11/the-grateful-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tag ThuddaPudda gurl <3 Aha checking out now. xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh I like badass >:-) haha joking!
    The book cover really is attractive. I'm usually not that into science fiction, but I would totally read this book! Thanks for the lovely review M! ♥
    I've said it a thousand times already, but I'll say it again. GET BETTER SOON!! HOPE YOUR WRIST MIRACULOUSLY HEALS ITSELF BY TOMORROW. School kinda sucked today without you, you know?
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha yeah my badass Juney. And it's actually not that sci fi at all, and I love those covers too!! <3
      Thanks Juney!! I really doubt it's broken judging from the speed I'm typing right now, so maybe the miraculous healing has already begun. Awww I'm sure it didn't.

      Delete
  4. It looks great!
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds...interesting?! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha yeah ;) Checking out the blog now xx

      Delete
  6. "Not fifty shades of grey dirty but still pretty dirty." --- LOL! and I thought this was a young adult book! oh well, fanfictions are getting crazy nowadays so I guess that's not something I should be surprised about. :)

    Life With Antlers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha yeah. Some of those scenes in fifty shades of grey... not that I've read it. Just peeked at the various mothers' copies ;) BAHAHHA I'm sorry fanfiction is just so hilarious ahahaha

      Delete
  7. I've stumble upon this book a couple of times but couldn't figure out if it interested me or not (I'm generally not into old tales/re-tellings) but this review actually convinces me! Sounds like a pretty fun trilogy, in all its dramatic rights. Thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great!! I hope you like it Kie!! I love successful recommendations so thank you!!!

      Delete
  8. Hey, I tagged you for the Gif Quest on my blog:

    http://thefashioncheetah.blogspot.ca/2014/11/gif-quest.html

    xoxo,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia!! I'm checking it out now xx

      Delete
  9. Oh very interesting
    But this is not my style!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like an interesting series. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete