Tuesday, 21 October 2014

The X Factor



At around this time last night, I was watching the X Factor Australia Grand Final!!  After three weeks of following it (I know, not that long) and a whole season of my dad being completely obsessed, the final three went head-to-head with performances for two whole hours, until FINALLY a winner was announced.

The three voted into the grand finals were Dean, Marlisa and Brothers 3.



Now let's back track a little...

I really didn't want Brothers 3 in the final.  I mean, they could hardly hold a candle to the unique artistic Dean, and the amazing vocals of Marlisa and Reigan.  But no.  Reigan got kicked out, and somehow Brothers 3 made it through.  I'm so glad they didn't make the final 2 though.



So Dean is a previously homeless guy, who is an AMAZING artist that can make every song his own.  He's labelled as a mysterious rocker and seems to always forget to wear a shirt.  He does wear a jacket though.



And Marlisa's a Filipino 15 year old school girl, around my age!!  She's very shy and says that before the X Factor, no one in her school knew her name.  Well, now they do ;)  She's actually pretty relatable, seeing as she goes to a private school in Australia, just like me, and would have therefore dealt with the same environment.



Now, I'm not going to bore you with anymore about the contestants, seeing as most of you probably don't watch the X Factor Australia, so I'm just going to say it.  MARLISA WON!!  This caused lots of screaming, she may be too young, instagram posts, snap chats, the second place person is the one that ends up going places anyway... And yeah..



So let's talk about Taylor Swift.  She performed, and sang Shake It Off just as amazingly live.  I don't really feel like talking about that though, since we all already know she's amazing.  I wanna know if you guys have heard her new songs, Out of the Woods and Welcome to New York.  In my opinion, I'm crazy in love with Out of the Woods.  It's definitely about Harry Styles ;).  Welcome to New York is pretty okay too.  It sounds autotuned though, which is okay for artistic effect.  I could imagine it in the Carrie Diaries or something.



Oh, and also to do with the X Factor, is my newly discovered Twitter!  I know. Twitter's been around for a while, but I only just found out what it actually was.  You see, on the X Factor they put some of the tweets up on the screen, and that got me thinking about Twitter.  Now, being the weirdo I am, I decided to try to get a tweet on that screen.  I didn't get my tweet on TV, but The X Factor did retweet one of my tweets, which was pretty cool.  So yeah, I've decided to use my Twitter account, which is also useful since I am now in possession of my dad's old iPhone (yes I have an iPhone!!).

Come follow me!  @lyfoflittleme



Now, to end this post that has gone slightly off track...

Yesterday morning Taylor Swift was on Sunrise and here's something she said:

"Being an over-thinker and over-analyser can make you a hard worker, but don't let that stop you from taking chances."

Love,
M

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, M! You have me wanting to watch the X Factor!! Need to listen to those new Taylor songs!!

    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace!! All reality singing shows are great ;) And you should definitely listen to them!!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Love it! <3

    Happy Tuesday :D
    xx isa | Stoer & Sexy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isa. Loving the comment <3

      Delete
  3. Hey, I've nominated you for the Best Blog Award. You truly deserve it! Mwah!

    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/best-blog-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh. Thanks so much! Checking out the tag now!! xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! Love the quote you included in the last part. :)

    Life With Antlers // A Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista! Yes. Taylor is very wise ;)

      Delete
  5. Haha I like this post M! Marlisa totally deserved her victory!:))
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Omg June she's our age!! Imagine if we auditioned and got into the grand finals ;) ;)

      Delete
  6. Love this post! :)
    http://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been up to date with it >.<" Thanks for sharing!!


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wish the X-factor was on in Denmark atm. I love that show :)

    I'm giving away two EOS lipbalms on my blog. Feel free to enter :)
    http://glassow.com/2014/10/give-away-eos-lip-balms/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah me too. Wishing it hadn't ended, but there's always another one showing ;) And I'd love to check out this giveaway! :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comment :)
    You have a wonderful blog, very interesting to read, so I just started following you too, number 130 :)
    I hope it`s visible, lately I`ve been having problems with GFC, if not do let me know and I`ll try again :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's displayed or not but it's all g. No problem ;) Love your blog xx

      Delete
  10. Great Blog!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC?(Follow x follow)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool post. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to watch The X Factor USA and loved it, but they ended it last year. I did watch a video of the Austeralia and now I watch the UK one on Youtube every once in awhile. I love it when the young girls win:) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like girls have really nice singing voices, but lately I've really liked lower voices too, better even. Watching X Factor contestants on Youtube can be really addictive.

      Delete