Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Nail Art

So I finally decided to do my nails the other day, which was a whole week overdue.  I'm really glad I did because I reckon they've actually turned out pretty good, even though the design wasn't my intention.

  
 
 
So here's what I did:

The first coat was a clear base coat, which I always put on, to protect my nails from the nail polish.

Then I put a layer of the pink and waited for that to dry completely.

Then there was the silver.  I dipped a toothpick into the polish and slid the silver across my nail.  I made sure to apply the silver randomly, and in the bits where it was too smooth and there was too much silver, I drew through parts of it with the tooth pick, revealing a line of pink underneath.  This resulted in the sort of zebra print random bodies of silver with the background of pink.

Last, of course, I put on the clear overcoat, to preserve the design for longer and give my nails a shiny smooth finish.


Here's some of my other designs...

 
Sorry.  These pictures aren't very clear.

 
I used toothpicks to make these dots...

 
The pink here was watery and smudged into the green, which I was too impatient to wait for to dry.

 
This isn't really a design but I made the blue sparkly with a sparkly white sheen on top.

 
I didn't do the next one myself, but my friend did.  She says she followed a tutorial.

 
Just a little colour mixing: a thin layer of silver over a light blue to make a bluey white.
 
 
And sometimes clear nail polish is all you need.
 
 
 
Love,
M

 

32 comments:

  1. Such cute nail patterns!:) I'm in love with them..<3
    Great tutorial post M.:D
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much J!! I'm glad you love them <3

      Delete
  2. These are all really pretty designs - I especially love the design with one of the nails with a rainbow in the corner, that must have been really tricky to do and you did really well c:

    Amy;
    The Blog Hermit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was pretty tricky but there's nothing you can't do with toothpicks ;)

      Delete
  3. Lovely and useful tutorial
    thanks for following me.. I followed you back <3
    http://glitzzngrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your blog, and thanks for the follow back xx

      Delete
  4. great job. i really like your nail designs.

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this nail designs. I love the first, trying that one<3
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You definitely should. You won't be disappointed!!

      Delete
  6. Unintentional but lovely :) .
    I really liked the one with the rainbows on the corner.

    salha | abuhayar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah I was really proud of that one when I did it. Glad you like it!!

      Delete
  7. These are all so amazing especially the rainbow one it's a pity that you'll have to get rid of them by next week :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know right!? Stupid private schools and their rules.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful nails! I will have to try these sometime. I think my favorite one was the blue with white polka dots. :)
    --Rebecca at The Silver Flute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah that one's a good one, easy too ;) Just gotta dip the toothpick in and dot it out. Glad you like it!!

      Delete
  9. Cute Nails!~

    Vanshi || upwardss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Checking out your blog now xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks!! Glad you like them. xo

      Delete
  11. Lovely nail designs, lovely post! :) I will definitely try some of these out x
    Life inside the Locket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! I'm glad you will x

      Delete
  12. Some lovely designs, I love polka dot nails!
    following your blog now by the way :)
    Jess x
    http://sprinkleofneon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do too. I love your blog so I'm following it too :)

      Delete
  13. Awesome nail designs. I like the first design the best. :D

    pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it :D your blog is awesome.

      Delete
  14. So petty. I love making different patterns and making my nails stand out.

    Emma Xx

    emmaslookingglass.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah me too. Checking out your blog xx

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous creative nail art, especially the first one!:)

    xxMonica
    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  16. Some really cool nail art ideas! Love to try the first one. :)

    Isabella xx
    Http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isabella! You definitely should try it!! xx

      Delete