Thursday, 2 October 2014

Book Tag: 7 Deadly Sins

Thanks Gloria from Gloria The Violinist for nominating me for the 7 Deadly Sins book tag!



Here's how the tag works:
I am given seven questions and each one represents a 'sin'.  I have to answer each 'sin' with a book or two, depending on the question.

So let's get started...

1. Greed - What is your most inexpensive book?  What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive book I can think of would have to be Throne of Glass by Sarah J Mass, which I got for $9 online.
My most expensive would be Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter, which I recently bought for like $20.  I usually borrow books, not buy them, so there isn't much variety.

2. Wrath - What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
This is a toss up between Veronica Roth and John Green.  I think I'm going to go with Veronica Roth because there were three books and she decided to end it like that!  I'm talking about Divergent here and you might want to stop reading because I'm about to unleash some massive spoilers.  Okay, so the brave selfless Tris makes it through the death serum only to get shot by a guy in a wheelchair.  Really?  And then there's that whole epilogue from Four's point of view and I'm just crying my eyes out because I don't want him to be alone :'(

3. Gluttony - What book have you devoured over and over with no shame?
I don't usually reread books, but I have read Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson three times now, I think, and I'm probably going to read it again.

4. Sloth - What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
World After in the Angelfall series has been sitting on my shelf for weeks now.  I borrowed it from a friend during the second last week of school and haven't even started it yet.  Every time I need a new book to read I seem to skip over it because I just don't feel like it.  Do you ever get that feeling?

5. Pride - What book do you talk about most in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
I'd like to say To Kill a Mockingbird or Pride and Prejudice but I haven't even gotten close to picking either up.  At the moment my most impressive read would be A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare.  I know it's technically a play and it's really short and a comedy, but the whole classical Shakespeare thing and the super difficult language has to count for something right?

6. Lust - What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters?
Well, since they're fictional characters, they'd better be pretty close to perfect, maybe a little quirky or ethical flaw here or there.  I like them sarcastic, good looking, strong, smart and kind.  They have to be a little disapproved, or in a contemporary, every girl's 'dream guy'.

7. Envy - What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I've been waiting on Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han for quite a while now.  It's supposed to have come out already, and it's definitely come out in America.  I've asked two bookshops now and it hadn't even arrived by the 1st, which is when it was scheduled to.  Stupid Australia, an isolated island on the other side of the world.

Here are 7 people I am tagging...

Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies
Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews
Sarah @ Bubbly & Bookish
Christina @ Booksane
Olivia and Jasper @ Fictionally Obsessed
Angelica @ Life is Reading
Jillian @ Jillian's Books

Thanks for reading!

Love,
M

15 comments:

  1. Love this tag. And love your answers :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm checking out your blog now. xx

      Delete
    2. I am following you back :)

      Delete
  2. M, thank you so much for this tag! I love tags :D I also have a love/hate relationship with John Green. I actually really like Veronica Roth, but I never read Allegiant because people tell me the ending is disappointing. (Is it??) I agree with most of your answers. I'll be doing this soon, thanks again!!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And I really want to tell you about the ending of Allegiant but I just can't spoil it for you. Guess you're gonna have to read it ;) I love your blog and I'll be looking out for your answers!!

      Delete
  3. Nice post!
    Your blog is great! I followed you on gfc and bloglovin.
    Hope that you can visit our blog and maybe follow us if you like it :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I love all the photos on your blog so I'd love to follow you back! xx

      Delete
  4. Great answers M!
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha A Midsummer NIght's dream... I just skimmed through the whole play, skipping every other scene!
    This is a wonderful post M!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I was tempted to. I swear I only understood the story coz we watched the movie. Thanks JT!!

      Delete
  6. Oh, Shakespeare is definitely impressive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y thank you ;) It's definitely something I would be happy never to read again.

      Delete
  7. I hope you get the book you are awaiting on! Ooh and I know how you feel; I share a love hate relationship with Veronica Roth and John Green too! And I would like to say, I understand the laziness feeling. I am always skipping over Delirium for some reason...

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/the-seven-deadly-sins-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it comes soon too! I ordered it online but they're currently out of stock. And Delirium is pretty okay I guess. I don't know. Yeah, just read it ;) Still haven't picked up World After...

      Delete