Sunday, 12 October 2014

Back to School Blues

 

Today is the last day of the school holidays here in Australia.  Two weeks have gone by so fast, and although my holidays have been a whirlwind of stress, relaxation, boredom and fun, I can't say I'm looking forward to going back to school.  Well, only 40 more school days until the summer holidays, right?

Ugh.  Here's a whole bunch of very legitimate reasons as to why I'm hating the idea of another 8 weeks of school.

I won't be able to sleep in.  I mean, today I woke up at 11am, so how do you expect me to suddenly be awake at 7:30am tomorrow morning!?  I'm going to be a complete zombie, walking around the school like a corpse or a sleepwalker with those grey bags under my eyes.



I have to waste 6 hours of my day plus more because my parents are literally always late to pick me up.  It's just such a waste of time!  I don't even learn anything in half my classes and by the time week 6 comes around I doubt there'll be anymore assessments anyway.  I could be at home doing more productive things, like watching another episode of  my latest TV show, Gilmore Girls.

I have to see people.  Okay, so some people aren't so bad.  But honestly, if I wanted to see them I could make plans.  Seeing them in class and at lunch involuntarily while I'm tired is something I'd rather not do.  And then there's all those unnecessary people I really don't want to make conversation with, but I'm unfortunately obliged to.



I'm going to get homework and assessments which are going to stress me out so much and waste even more of my time.  Although don't worry guys.  I'm not one of those people that says they can't blog as much anymore because of school.  My priorities are totally warped so I won't abandon you.

The uniform is so ugly!!  I mean, it's one of those private school things that have to be below the knee and accompanied by a blazer, black leather shoes, white socks, hair up and a hat that won't fit over the hair that has to be up.

And speaking of uniform, I'll have to remove my nail polish.  Goodbye lovely pink and silver nails.  Hello boring not-even-French-manicured nails.

All that anxiety is also going to return.  I don't know.  I think it's a combination of trying to get good grades and having to deal with seeing so many people that makes me worried about everything by the time school comes around.  I worry about my marks.  I worry about who I talk to.  I worry about people having a problem with me.  I worry about what my teachers think.  I just get so worried during school, and it's usually over absolutely nothing.



I'll be completely brain dead because throughout the holidays I've done absolutely no homework or practice of my musical instruments or anything.  I don't even know if I'm capable of understanding concepts or paying attention to anything anymore.  I can't even imagine myself in science tomorrow...

I have to do exercise.  There's so many stairs, those PE lessons I may kind of enjoy, and those pool lessons I hate because of the swimming caps.  Having a routine at school also always makes me motivated to have a routine in life, which means I start jogging, doing sit ups.  I don't even know.  Basically, I definitely won't be sitting on my butt and eating whatever I please anymore.

So yeah.  The point is that I really don't want to go back to school tomorrow.  Knowing me, about a week into school I'm going to be loving it.  But that never really lasts long.

Is anyone else looking forward to the next break already?

Love,
M

47 comments:

  1. I can completely relate!

    x leah symonne x

    www.itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can!! Ughhhhh school :( I'm checking out your blog now xx

      Delete
  2. Haha love this post! I'm sure everyone in the world can relate to it XD
    urgh... school...:(
    Great post M <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be going back to school next year and I'm already dreading it. Haha!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. At least you have an entire three months!! I'd still be dreading it too... Checking out your blog now.

      Delete
  4. What?! I'm in Aus and we started school last week!
    But I'm really excited for this week because we have interschool netball! :D Yes, I'm a sporty type of girl. ;)
    Have fun at school! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Canberra starts a week later for some reason. And netball sounds fun! I may or may not be doing summer netball this term... Thanks! I'll try...

      Delete
  5. 40 days for summer holidays? It just seems wierd we'll have winter in India during that time :P
    You're lucky I had to wake up at 6am for school :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! 6am would seriously suck! Yeah. The southern hemisphere is a weird upside down place. :P

      Delete
  6. School sucks, there is no other way to say it really LOL but do they really make you remove your nail polish?? jeez.... I find that extreme... I live in Spain so that's probably why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They actually do and it really is extreme! Thanks for this comment btw! You've just reminded me to remove my nail polish :) Spain sounds amazing right now!!

      Delete
  7. Its been a month since I've started school and I really like it. But, your in high school and there is a big difference between fifth grade and high school so......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is quite a difference. Oh how I miss the fifth grade. You're so lucky <3

      Delete
  8. I completely agree with everything!
    I just followed you, would love it if you followed back ^^

    http://mishcheungx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! I'd love to follow you xx

      Delete
  9. <3

    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Wait until you have to work 10 hour days, now that's a waste of time!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughh! I'm now imagining if school lasted that long. Well, I hope you like your job.

      Delete
  11. Even though I'm graduated, I
    know this whole school feeling
    and stress! Hang in there girl c:
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! xx Sometimes I think I want to graduate, but then I couldn't imagine liking it either...

      Delete
  12. Ugh, school. I've been in since Late August, and while I enjoy parts of it, I can TOTALLY relate to all of the stress!!
    Xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? First day and I'm not stressed, yet... Just bracing myself for tomorrow.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks! About to check out some of your cool posts!

      Delete
  14. I laugh while reading this. I know many students feel this way, I was like you too back when I was studying. But once you graduated and start working, believe me..you'll miss school so much and you'll badly want to go back. Cause I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yeah I think we all do. Even though I'm complaining now, I think I'll miss it once I'm gone too.

      Delete
  15. I'm going back to school tomorrow ;(
    And I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! :)
    Have a lovely day

    elslittleutopia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Good luck there. Thanks for the nomination!! :)

      Delete
  16. thanks for visiting my blog!
    i'm your newest follower :)**


    octobergraves.blogspot.com
    http://instagram.com/octobergraves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  17. I totally understand! I'm so glad I have finished school two year ago!
    Anyway I hope it won't be as bad as you think :)
    xx Lia
    http://liaslife92.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't that bad. Haha. But that doesn't mean I'm not dreading school tomorrow. You're so lucky to be done!! xx

      Delete
  18. Going back to school sucks, I kmow. That stinks u can't wear nail polish! I always have nail polish on, idk what I'd do without it. Oh well, do your best and hopefully before u know it will be winter break! :D
    -Dee @ Dees Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *summer break here actually. And I certainly hope so! Yeah. I'm dying without my lovely nail polish at the moment. Thanks for your positive comment!

      Delete
  19. I agree, I have to waste 6 hours of my day on school. -_- And just a question, does June go to your school? If she does, thats really cool! :)

    Cathy // Hello, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree. And yeah. June does go to my school, and it is pretty cool ;) Haha.

      Delete
  20. Great blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin , thanks for following my blog too :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no problem. Your blog is awesome.

      Delete
  21. Hey thanks for checking out my blog. I'm so sorry school is a negative part of your life. Try to focus on the good parts and make the most of it. Having a positive outlook can change everything!! Keep smiling, it's not really as bad as it seems, I promise! :)

    Stop back by my blog to put some sunshine in your life!!
    Luvs
    I COR 13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but don't worry! Haha. School really isn't that bad. I was just dreading it and being a drama queen. School can be pretty fun, although I still would rather the holidays.

      Delete
  22. Bwahaha. Ain't nobody got time for that! Lol, I love Sweet Brown. Anyway, I definitely feel you. School, particularly high school, can seem like such a waste of time, especially for people who are more mature and, I hate to put it bluntly, intelligent. I'm sure you're one, if not both. By the time I was a junior in high school, I was SO ready for college. I just felt like I was being babysat eight hours of the day. I remember coming up with any excuse I could just to stay home, so I could do something productive, like read or write. By that time, the only thing I was really learning was trigonometry. But I hope it gets better. Just think, before too long, you'll be out!

    New sub, too! ^-^ Followed via Bloglovin.

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks for calling me mature and intelligent <3 I'm not sure I'm quite ready for college, but by the time I'm in year 11 (a junior) I'll be SO ready too. I just know it. I'm definitely learning at school at the moment, sorta. But yeah... staying at home seems like a much better option to this. Checking out your blog now...

      Delete
  23. You're telling me about those uniforms.... we have them too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those uniforms.. and the Aussie heat.... urghhhhhh. PS I've updated my about me page.. please do check it out? :D

      Delete