Saturday, 6 September 2014

The Junk Food Challenge

Hey guys!

I've been feeling really unhealthy lately due to my love for junk food and my seemingly everlasting flu, which is preventing me from exercising without coughing like crazy.  So I've decided to do the junk food challenge again.  Basically, it's where I can't eat any junk food for as long as possible.  By junk food I mean, like, no snacking on chips, cookies, chocolate and stuff like that.



I'm a little worried that I'll have a lack of motivation though.  You see, all the other times I've done this I did it as a competition with friends.  It was basically that whoever broke first would lose, and the loser has to do something.  For example, once I had to wear my hair crazy for a whole day (and I mean really crazy) and another time I had to sit with three other groups for three lunches, picked by my friends.  Yes.  I lost every single time, and cheated every single time too, because that's how little self control I have.  That's why I've decided to do this alone this time, because I don't want to have to do any more weird dares when I lose, thanks to all my super skinny self controlled friends, ugh.

This challenge also involves an exercise component, because exercise is healthy too ;).  My requirements are going to be that I must do 10 push ups and 25 sit ups a day (which really isn't that hard), and as soon as my cough dials down I have to either jog or cycle for 20 minutes in front of the TV at least three times a week.

So yeah, that's my plan on how I'm going to be a little healthier.  It's not that extreme but hopefully it'll work.  Anybody wanna join me?

I actually started being a little healthy this morning by going for a walk with my mum (and having a huge breakfast with hot chocolate and bacon after *sheepish face*).  We saw so many beautiful flowers of the early spring.  Enjoy some of the pictures we took...




Love,
M

24 comments:

  1. Awesome! Don't be too hard on yourself, but this is really good and i'm thinking of joining you :) but i will add this : whenever you crave Junk food, get a fruit or anything healthy and whenever you want soda, get a bottle of water. good luck! btw thanks for reading my blog :)
    x Rita
    msritaz13.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. And thanks for that advice! I actually love fruit but it's just a pain to cut up and wash.

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    You have an amazing blog!

    Do check out my new blog post :
    http://thatgirlfromcolombo.blogspot.com/2014/09/ottd-03092014.html

    Would you like to follow each other in GFC and Bloglovin'?
    Follow me and I'll follow you back! xo

    Love,
    ThatGirlFromColombo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you xx. I'll check your blog out now...

      Delete
  3. Amazing photos you took their wish I had enough will power to give up junk food! Your blog is great by the way... thanks for commenting on mine
    http://amberoseblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    Amber xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks too! Haha I actually have barely any will power but hopefully this will last at least 24 hours...

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the comment on my blog!
    Lovely blog x

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting on mine! xx

      Delete
  5. Is a great way to start you push yourself to your own limit. When you overdue it and fast in the begining you lose the motivation. Always take a hot shower or bath to loosen the muscle after work out best of luck. Breakfast you always burn. Cool images.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! Don't worry though. My workouts won't be that tough ;)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for reading my blog! I like this blog! It's good of you to stay healthy, but please don't get super worried about it, especially about being skinny. YOLO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And thanks! Don't worry. This is just to stay healthy and not about skinniness... it's not an actual diet or anything.

      Delete
  7. It is great that you are trying to be healthy
    But do not worry too much about it. You need to have balance to be healthy. By that, I mean that you should not starve yourself but it is good to eat your veggies and get some excersize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah. I'm just giving up junk food so I'll probably just end up eating more of the healthy stuff, hopefully...

      Delete
  8. Good luck! I don't think I could last with this challenge for more than a day; I love junk food. While I was reading this I polished off two mini meringues....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow those meringues sound good... I'm scared I won't be lasting for a day either ;)

      Delete
  9. Ilike healthy people :)
    http://angelandchic1.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/north-thailand.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I wish I could be one.

      Delete
  10. Lovely pics!! I love your blog !!

    www.hauteintheheat.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have inspired me to do this, too! I've been trying for a few months to do this, but I always lose my willpower about the fifth day, so I'm going to try harder this time!

    --Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I almost broke it today when I was about to order a triple choc cookie... It's so hardddd...

      Delete