Sunday, 14 September 2014

If I Stay

Okay, so it's past midnight, but I only just got home and I really wanted to tell you guys about this amazing movie I saw today.  I don't know if you've heard of it but it's called If I Stay.

If I Stay is based on a popular YA book, which okayyy I admit, I didn't read.  But I was meaning to!!  Anyway, I'm glad I didn't because it made the movie all the more surprising.  Basically, the book is about a girl named Mia who is deciding whether she should live or die.  She's in a coma because she's been through a car crash, in which her mother, father and younger brother died in.  So should she live without them, or die with them?  The only thing holding her back from dying is her boyfriend Adam, along with like her friends and her love and future for the cello and stuff like that too.

This movie was actually so sad.  I cried in it just as much, if not more, than I did in The Fault in Our Stars.  I know you'd all expect her to live coz you know, cliché love stories always end up with the girl and the guy.  But this movie really tricks you.  I honestly had no idea what she'd choose, and I'm not about to spoil it for you.

Okay, let's start with how amazing Mia's family was.  They're all punk rockers, totally cool with everything.  This makes the fact that Mia is into the cello that much cooler.  By punk rockers I don't mean like black leather and mow hawks or anything by the way.  I mean, like, just cool parents I guess.  They allow swearing, they're totally in love, they're flexible, they make cool jokes.  They're just all around cool.  And her little brother too ;)


And then there's Adam.  Honestly, I don't think the actor was attractive, but he played the part well.  He definitely grew on me, and I guess he kinda became better looking throughout the movie.  Their relationship was adorable.  He's a rocker, a little like her parents were, and she's the classical cellist.  It's a love at first sight that slowly develops into something more.  Their relationship does have it's up and downs though, and they're not in a very good place when she goes into a coma.


There are so many factors pulling Mia away from dying, like her best friend, her grandfather, all the people still living.  But then there's her family, who were most important to her and were by her side through everything.  The ending to this movie was perfect, and I don't want to spoil what happens.

What I'm not too happy about though is that there's a second book.  This would've been perfect as a standalone but for some reason there's a sequel?  Don't get me wrong, I will read it, but just why?


Anyway, other than this amazing movie, my day was pretty eventful so I'd love to share ;)  After the movie we went shopping and lalala annoying people in malls, makeup I was clueless about, a couple of hot guys, McDonalds, twelvies, and yeah, that was that. 

Then I had that big concert we were rehearsing for for band.  I know I said I hated band, but the concert was actually kinda... fun.  I got to see my friend that just came back from America.  That was great.  There were also so many cute little kids, and we accidentally pointed one in the wrong direction, so we had to walk him to where he was meant to go.  Then, before the performance, I decided to stop ignoring my fellow trombonists and talked to them.  The guys were actually pretty funny and I mostly just talked to the girl next to me about people and maths and stuff.  Watching the choirs after we performed wasn't all bad either.  Although, I had to leave early and accidentally tripped on one of the guys we were talking to's foot.  Talk about embarrassing.  I just muttered a sorry and left.

The reason I left early was to go to an out-of-school-friend's house.  We spent like the whole time prank calling.  There was this really funny guy I ended up talking to for like forty minutes and texting the whole time.  Haha never talking to him again.  He was weird.  We actually had some great lines like "Is Mr Wall there?  Mrs Wall?  Well then how's your roof not collapsing?"  or "Hello this is the back and balls waxing agency.  Just confirming your reservation to make your balls smooth and shiny?"  But we mostly just ended up having weird conversations.  Some people are hilarious.

Yeah, and now I'm finally home... worrying about my eye.  What happened was I was taking my contacts out, and one came out without me knowing.  So I kept pinching my eye which didn't have a contact in it.  I actually pinched the surface with my nails and now it kinda hurts...  I don't know if I'm imagining it.  Should I be worried?

Love,
M

27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! :)
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, visit this link for more information: http://salhaabuhayar.blogspot.com/2014/09/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    http://salhaabuhayar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! Will check out your blog... xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I so have to read if I stay now, never heard of it before, but now I need to go hunt it down, great review! Once I have read the book I will then watch the film, I'm that kind of girl, unless I watch a film not knowing it is based on a book. You've gained yourself a new follower thanks to Salha and her Liebster award nomination up there ^^ . I'd love if you could check out my blog also.
    Tara x
    http://lovetarababii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thanks. Usually I'm that kind of girl too but this time I just went ahead and watched. I'm assuming it was a good movie adaption though because I still loved it. Checking out your blog now ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I want to see that movie so badly! ;) It looks amazing.

    xoxo,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! You should definitely see it.

      Delete
  5. Okay now I'm making it my mission to watch if I stay — I saw the trailer and now you're making it sound so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Wasn't the trailer so cute? Haha hope you complete your mission ;)

      Delete
  6. aww sounds like a really sweet movie :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was J!! You should go watch it!

      Delete
  7. I saw the trailer for this and bawled my eyes out! Can't wait to go see it, looks so good :)

    http://jaydeekelly-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! The trailer was too :')

      Delete
  8. Looking forward to watch If i stay ! , i bet its really a good movie !! it's like "Pure Love" of abs-cbn , if you know what i mean.. haha .. do you think all coma patients have to decide whether to live or not ? :) Oh btw what a fun day you got there after you watched the movie !!

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great movie and sorry I don't know what you mean... Haha but I honestly don't think coma patients can decide. I mean, they're unconscious. Maybe they could have a will to live. Who knows? And the day was pretty fun I guess, but honestly I don't think the concert was...

      Delete
  9. Oooh, I can't read this post because I haven't read or seen the movie yet, and I'm planning to. I'm assuming that you loved it though! I noticed you dropped by my blog a few days ago, so thanks for that.
    I'm a new follower of your blog and I would love it if you could follow me too :)
    July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thanks for dropping by mine. Sure I'll follow you!

      Delete
  10. thank you for your kind words on my blog !!!! you have a very interesting blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thanks for your's too.

      Delete
  11. nice post

    check my new post
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I've been dying to see If I Stay!! Jealous ;) I've nominated you for the Summer Rewind tag too! xx

    PS - I'm also hosting a photo and writing contest, feel free to take a look!

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nomination! But it's Spring here so... And sure I'll take a look :)

      Delete
  13. I looooved If I Stay, glad to see someone else did too! Great post.

    You have a great blog and a new follower! :)

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes the movie was great <3 Gonna check out your blog now ;)

      Delete