Sunday, 7 September 2014

Happy Father's Day

I'm taking this chance to dedicate a post to my dad, to congratulate and thank him for being, well, a great dad.  Although, I doubt he's going to even see this because knowing my dad, he would never let me get a blog...

Here's a little message to my dad anyway.

First of all, I love you sooo much even though I never ever say it and I'm always yelling at you not to hug me.

Thanks for being the smartest guy in the world and always being so super enthusiastic with my school work (a little too enthusiastic).  You're always there to help me and your brain seems to work the same way as mine so you're always understandable, especially when it comes to science.  We always figure everything out together since I take a while to understand physics, and so do you.  But in the end we make it, and we end up knowing it all in waaay too much detail, which is great!

Thanks so much for being the sporty one.  You cheer me on in netball, even when we lose, and you're always talking tactics.  You take me cycling and teach me tennis and discuss which summer sport I should do.  You're the one that gets me to do something physical, to be healthy, even though you're pretty much the reason our house is stocked with junk food and you go through the Mcdonalds drive thru at least once a week.

Thanks for being the crazy dad, whom everybody loves.  You're actually super social, although you say you're not.  My friends love your craziness and your obsessions with Wrecking Ball and Katy Perry (but please don't sing cos you suck).  You've always talked to everybody, making friends with the guys in primary school with your soccer skills, talking to the other teams in debating.  You've always been the cool dad to everybody, even though I pretend I'm embarrassed by you.

I've managed to inherit your pessimism and your tendency to overthink everything.  But that's okay.  Overthinking stuff makes us more knowledgeable in the long run.  I wouldn't change a thing.

So thanks for being my dad.  It's a pity you won't be reading this.  I probably should have included all this in my fathers day card, but hey, I wrote it at 11:30pm last night because that's how late we spent learning about refraction.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching Doctor Who with you tonight!

Love you Daddy!!!



So I hope you guys enjoyed reading my little note to my dad (which I'm not sure why I wrote since he won't be reading it).

Enjoy some pictures from my day with my daddy.  We went for a really long bicycle ride, followed by a super yummy family lunch (that my sister sorta ruined).  Anyway, here are some photos of the lovely weather:





So how did you spend your father's day?

Love,
M

21 comments:

  1. Your note is so sweet! :) And I love bicycle rides- I hope you had lots of fun! I find it odd that you celebrate Fathers' Day in September, but really cool! :) (We celebrate it in May, after Mothers' Day.) Thanks for your lovely comment on my post! Would you like to follow each other? x Yasmine | Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. We celebrate mothers day at the same time, but that is weird about fathers day. Thanks! And no problem. Sure thing.. following your blog now xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks dear! :) It is... I may have to look into why that is, but it's probably just our family being weird! :P Am following you too now! <3

      Delete
  2. Aww this is so cute!<3 Your daddy is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment on my blog!
    lovely post

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and thanks so much!!

      Delete
  4. Aw so cute post! We didn't have such day here, so sad! Have a great day and your daddy is happy man!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    Instagram Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly hope he is <3 Thanks! And either way, you could appreciate your daddy anyway ;) ;)

      Delete
  5. Aww lovely post!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that is such a sweet letter! Although I think you should write these words on ANOTHER Father's Day card and let him read it haha! :) Lovely post. Made me miss the days when my Dad and I used to be so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yess I probably should... although I'm not so sure about his reaction :|

      Delete
  7. Hi, I've nominated your for Liebster Award! Details here
    http://amberoseblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! I really like it!

    Follow for follow? Let me know on my blog, please :)
    stylstynka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all really cute :) Your dad sounds really fun
    Unfortunately, my father had to work on Father's Day...well, I don't actually think he knew it was father's day. But whatever

    Loved the blog :)

    ReplyDelete