Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Escape to Sydney


It's finally the school holidays, and every holidays my family makes the three hour karaoke filled drive up to Sydney!  We stay there for around three days in our favourite hotel, Holiday Inn, which is right next to China Town and Darling Harbour, the best location in my opinion.  Here's a little summary of our better than average little trip...

On the first day we went to a Malaysian festival, where we ate Malaysian food and learnt a bit about the culture.  I'm Malaysian by the way.


I think Malaysian people from Malaysia are generally really little.  I look so big in comparison!
 
 
A representation of a Malay wedding...


This food actually wasn't very yummy...


 But this was... Mmm satay and roti canai <3

 
 
 
And on the next day my sister and I did some sibling bonding, through photos anyway.
 
 
We walked from Macquarie's Chair to Circular Quay and the Rocks in the burning hot sun.  It's not even summer yet...
 



 
My sister's face has been drawn over for privacy issues.  Hope you're appreciating my badly drawn pink smiley face :)

 

 And then there was the Bridge Climb
 
 
We did this with a friend from Canberra, who also happened to be in Sydney at the same time.  Together we climbed all 1437 steps of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and honestly, it wasn't even hard.  The view was so beautiful and we even saw the place where Dance Academy, one of my favourite TV shows, was filmed, which was a bonus.
 
 
We climbed during the twilight session so we got to see the beautiful sunset.


 
And then, after the sunset, we could see all the sparkling city lights and roads and roads of traffic below...

 
 
Of course, when you go to Sydney, you can't not go shopping.  My mum, sister and I went window shopping along the very busy and long George Street.
 
 
There was a huge Cotton On and a large variety of clothing and food shops lined up on one side or the other of a honking busy road.  Here's the clothes I ended up buying...
 
 
There was also a ginormous Dymocks, my favourite book shop, which was three stories high, the biggest I've seen yet.  The YA section was like a mini heaven to me.  I managed to get two books I've been dying to read.  Imagine my surprise when I found The Queen of Zombie Hearts.  I hadn't even known it had come out yet!

 
And of course we managed to find ourselves some food too.  Adriana Zumbo's macarons are the best (and unfortunately the most expensive).
 
 
 
And now I'm back in small boring little Canberra, which is actually okay.  Sometimes it's good to return home and do a little relaxing.  I can't wait until my next trip to Sydney!  Just know that I'm jealous of all you people who live in a big city where window shopping is actually possible.
 
 
Love,
M


17 comments:

  1. Nice post!!!!
    I follow you by Bloglovin now (53)!! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a nice day!!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my like in bloglovin for your post too!!!!:)))

      Delete
    2. Aw thanks! I'm following you on bloglovin too ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, your trip looks amazing! I love the clothes you bought (that dark floral dress!). I've seen the Bridge Climb only on TV, and I have to say that I am crazy jealous that you got to do it! If I ever make it over to Sydney, it is at the top of my to-do list!!
    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that dress too <3 And yes you definitely should! It's expensive but worth it.

      Delete
  3. It looks, and sounds, like you had a really amazing trip! Such pretty photos and scenery.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did. And thanks! I'm checking out your blog right now.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Sounds amazing, now I want to go there. Beautiful photos.
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was. And yes you should xx

      Delete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I so wish I could travel more, you're lucky you live so close to Sydney, I've always wanted to go. Glad you had such a good time! :)

    btw, Dance Academy use to be my favorite show too ;P

    With Love, Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all wish we could travel more. Sydney is practically the only city close to me, other than Melbourne.

      OMG you like Dance Academy too!? Isn't Christian just the best ;)

      Delete
  6. M I'm so jealous! You came back with so many beautiful clothes and pretty photos!:)
    I'm in love with this post, like seriously in love...<3
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh Juney. Not as beautiful as your lovely wardrobe ;) Thanks bb <3

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! Sydney is really pretty

      Delete
  8. Wow, I would love to go to Sydney someday! It sounds like you had a whirlwind of fun, what with the festival, new books, clothes and family time! It looks like you did a lot of fun things with your sister :)

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/the-seven-deadly-sins-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah. Wish I could go back right now. School is blahhh.

      Delete