Wednesday, 24 September 2014

De-stress



I've spent this whole week literally just stressing out.  I had an audition on Monday and I've been drowning in all my last minute assessments.  There's been Latin, health, maths, and luckily my commerce group report due date has been moved to Friday, allowing me to have time to post today.

I would really like to help you prevent this horrible feeling I've been feeling all week.  I've been having a complete lack of sleep due to my anxiety and late night preparation, and now I'm as tired as ever.  The thing is, most of the stuff you lose sleep over ends up being totally fine.  So really, what's the point of worrying when you could be getting the rest that's much needed.

Here's some tips on how you could prevent stress:

1. Get it over and done with

If you're stressing over not getting an assignment done or not having enough time, just do it now.  If you have a problem with someone, just confront them.  That way you can go to sleep not worrying about how or when.  Instead you'll be sleeping satisfied, knowing that your work is finished.  Just stick it out and do it.  I know it's hard, but stop procrastinating.  It just builds up inside you and makes everything worse.  Once you've confronted or fixed the issue, it will be gone, hopefully for good.


2. Make a plan of action

Okay, so for some issues you're unable to get it over and done with at this very moment.  For example if you have a scary performance tomorrow, or you've got a problem with a friend.  Instead of stressing, why not make a plan on how you're going to fix this problem.  At least you'll be doing something productive about the issue.  Make yourself a study schedule, practice for the speech or performance, decide what you're going to say to your friend.  Trust me.  Once you've locked in exactly what you're going to do, you'll sleep easier.  At least you'll have a solid solution and view of how this problem will disappear.



3. Be positive

Okay, so if you've already fixed the problem or you've got a plan on how to, you really have nothing to be stressing about.  If you're worried about the plan you've concocted and the consequences, don't be.  You've thought of this solution for a reason and that's because it's probable that it'll all work out.  You've already assessed all the consequences while planning your solution, so don't second guess yourself. 



And if you're still stressing, try doing one of these activities...

Write
Writing definitely helps.  I know I do it all the time in my diary or on this blog.  If you're worried about something, write down the problem and you might even find that it's not even really a problem.  Otherwise, think of solutions and write them down.  These will serve as a reminder and incentive to actually go through with it.  Writing also helps because putting thoughts into words makes them so much clearer.

Listen to peaceful music
And by peaceful I mean slow, not that meditation instrumental stuff.  Try songs like Halo by Beyonc√©, Stay by Rihanna or Back to December by Taylor Swift.  They help you wind down.  No angry rap music!

Exercise
Go for a jog or something, and this time you can listen to faster music.  Exercise clears your head and while jogging you might think things through and realise there's nothing to stress about.  Or you could just be really unfit and feel so dead you don't have any energy to stress.

Talk to someone
Honestly, whenever I'm stressed about something I rant to a friend (or many friends) over text.  Chances are at least someone will be stressing over the same thing as you.  After all, you all go to the same school and are going through the same assignments and know the same friends.  I don't know why, but seeing other people stressed makes you less stressed.  Maybe I'm just mean.  Also talk to your mum.  She'll always have a mind full of clarity and advice, unless she's strict.  Then she might just yell at you.

So yeah, I hope this has helped and I hope none of you feel stressed.

Love,
M

21 comments:

  1. You don't know how helpful this post was to me!:) hopefully I'll be able to handle all my school work better next term with your advice!<3 lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no prob J. But you're obviously doing fine. You look so calm and put together all the time!

      Delete
  2. Seriously you're the best :3 I love your posts so much. I'm going through so much school work lately and your tips are very true & helpfull.
    Oh and I also rant to my friends in texts. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks <3 Yess ranting really is the best ;) Annoying and mean, but it always works.

      Delete
  3. Great tips! Though for me, I don't talk when I'm stressing out. I need to be completely alone and meditate to de-stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. That sounds like a really good way too. Although I tend to be really fidgety. I guess different people have different ways. And thanks!

      Delete
  4. Writing always helps me overcome stress! I keep a journal for that reason as well ;) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah journals really are therapeutic.

      Delete
  5. I totally love your list! I am a preparer when I am stressed, so I totally agree with that number!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I'm glad you agree ;)

      Delete
  6. I want to print out this list and put it on my wall! Stress is the worst, but it is something you can lessen...I LOVE calming music when I'm feeling strung-out, anything with a catchy, soothing rhythm. & yes, I love talking out my stress w/ others who feel similar stress... Or when somebody is stressing me out, talking to another person to like...talk it out. Or is that gossiping? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pshhh it's totally not gossiping.. Haha. And yesss music makes the mind a healthier place <3

      Delete
  7. Awesome tips for de-stressing! I love listening to music and going for long walks. Thank you for visiting my blog. New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I love long walks and your blog too x

      Delete
  8. Totally agree with all of these things! Especially making a plan, it's helped me so much when I'm stressing out about revising and getting work in on time! Just stumbled across your blog and love it, I've followed and can't wait to read more of your posts:)
    Milly xx
    Miyyi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you. I'm checking out your blog right now. Glad you could relate!

      Delete
  9. This post was perfect M! thanks so much for the tips :) I've also been dealing with so much stress right now, my teachers love to give me tons of homework!

    Have a beautiful day :)

    With Love, Elizabeth
    http://whimsicalthoughtss.blogspot.com/Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Elizabeth! I'm glad I've helped xx I love your blog!

      Delete
  10. Fantastic list. I wholeheartedly agree with all those activities! It's definitely a great way to remove that dark cloud of doom and gloom hanging over you. Keep up the awesome list making! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I'm glad you agree :)

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the tips! Life is so stressful for me right now...thanks for posting!
    -Margie

    ReplyDelete