Thursday, 18 September 2014

Chick Lits

Honestly, I love any story that has a high school romance or is a chick flick.  Please don't laugh at me.  I mean come on, doesn't every girl secretly (or publicly) love chick flicks?  I know I certainly do.  I reckon chick flicks in the form of books are the best because they have that extra ounce of cuteness that no movie or TV show can convey.  I think it's because you're reading from the point of view of the main character, knowing every single thing they're thinking.  Since it's a chick flick in the form of a book, I call it a 'chick lit', if you were wondering what I meant in the title.

I actually only just finished three cute entertaining chick lits in a row.  Each of them have very interesting concepts.  So, without further ado, here they are...


On the Fence - Kasie West

Charlotte, or Charlie, is a tomboy with three brothers, and an honorary brother, their neighbour, Braden.  When she is forced to get a job at a boutique, she's thrown into a world of fashion and makeup.  She speaks about all her problems and thoughts at the fence with Braden every night.  But what happens when she begins to develop feelings for him...

Okay, so who doesn't love a girl who can outrun and tackle any guy in a football game.  Especially if this girl has overprotective brothers and hangs out with loads of hot guys.  Although, I have to admit, this book wasn't exactly the best written.  But you know what?  Who cares.  It was entertaining and had a cute romance.  That's really all that matters when it comes to chick lits.




To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han

Lara Jean writes letters to boys she's loved to get over them.  She doesn't write for them to be sent of course.  She writes them and keeps them in a vintage hat box.  But when the letters get sent out...

This book was one of the cutest things ever.  Lara was the perfect sweet pristine character and I totally ship her with Peter.  This whole story was so well thought out with all things past and present adding up.  This book was just the best, so lovable.  There's a second book coming out next year and I honestly can't wait.  I love the author, Jenny Han.  In fact, I'm waiting to read the last book in her joint series, Burn For Burn.



Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson

Sloane has been Emily's crazy best friend for two years.  That is until she vanishes, leaving nothing but a list full of Sloane inspired tasks for Emily to do.  Kiss a stranger, dance til dawn, Penelope, go skinny-dipping... umm...

I was so excited to start this story.  The idea of lists and dares makes me get excited for some reason.  This book started off a little slow, but not to fear, after getting into it I couldn't put it down.  Emily also frustrated me by being so shy in the beginning, but soon she was coming out of her shell and speaking her mind, unafraid.  This book was great, full of new friendships, crazy tasks, looking back at the past and one cute summer romance.





Yeah, so those are the chick lits I've read recently.  Here are some more that I highly recommend you try reading:

 


I hope this has been somewhat helpful.  So, you know, when you've got nothing to read or you're looking for a cute story, try getting a copy of one of these.

Anyway, to end this post, here are 3 tips from me:
  1. If you have an annoying side fringe, try French braiding it up into your hair.
  2. Eyeliner goes on your water line (yes. I only learnt how to use eye liner today)
  3. Go to a restaurant called Grill'd and try their chips and burgers, especially one called 'Simon Says'
Love,
M

24 comments:

  1. I would love to try to read the Endless Summer ! The title is very catchy and i bet that the story as well !

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a great story. I think it's actually got two books in one or something.

      Delete
  2. Haha such a cute post! I love the sound of all these books!<3
    Lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love chick flick books!! ive reqd two way street like 50
    times lol i love that book :)


    spiceadvicexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same and I love Two Way Street too!! Something about road trips ;)

      Delete
  4. I read to all the boys I've loved before and loved it <3
    And since you've been gone and on the fence have been on top of my tbr list for a while ! They look awesome :)

    And I'll DEFINITELY check out the oter books you recommend ! I've read anna and the french kiss. SO GOOD, isn't it ? XD

    Great post ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES ALL THOSE BOOKS ARE AMAAAZING!! Haha you should read them and thanks! xx

      Delete
  5. I've heard good things about To All The Boy's I've Loved Before. I should really add it to my reading List :) Thanks for the recs!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. And you've heard good things for a reason ;)

      Delete
  6. I've been wanting to read Since You've Been Gone for a while now, I just have to finish the books I have left, haha!

    Have you read The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider? It's amazing!!

    xx Alex the T-rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Too many tbr books are a problem. And no I haven't but I'm gonna search it up on GR now. I'm always looking for book recommendations so thanks!

      Delete
  7. Since you've been gone look great. I admit I'm curious now about what happened to Sloane O_O

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw fun. I know I enjoy a good chick lit every now and then myself!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard about some of these books- and judging from your reviews about them, it's time I put them on my reading list! >.>
    I have a somewhat annoying fringe but I can't exactly braid it because my hair is only till my shoulders xD maybe I should clip them up? or would making a mini braid down the side of my head be better?
    www.the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should read them!
      And as for the fringe, you can still French braid it into your hair although it's a little hard so you might wanna get a friend to do it or something. And clipping it up is fine if you have a nice looking forehead, otherwise a braid sounds good ;)

      Delete
  10. Anna and the French Kiss is super popular in Europe! especially in Ireland hehe :) Much love x Your blog is great btw

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna and the French Kiss is popular anywhere and everywhere coz that's how amazing it is!! But I love Europe <3 I mean, that's where it's set.

      Delete
  11. I love thiss!
    Since you've been gone has been on my TBR pile for a while now, I've searched every bookstore where I live and I can't find it.. I'm dying!!
    But this is such a cute list, loved it :)<3

    Love your blog btw x

    Jay
    http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I love your blog too!! And good luck finding the book! I love cute books ;)

      Delete
  12. These are all now on my TBR list! Was on the fence about them all so I'm so glad I read this. There's a trip to the library in store for me. :)

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I am actually so jealous of you right now because you get to read them all for the first time! Nice little reference to 'On the Fence' in there ;). Thanks xx

      Delete