Tuesday 16 September 2014

Procrastination and a Lack of Sleep

If I'm being honest here, the only reason I'm writing this post is because I'm procrastinating.  You see, I have this huge religion test on Thursday and I haven't even started going over the masses of information required.  The test is worth 50% of my grade and it's all about Church history of all the boring things.  I know, you're probably thinking religion isn't even that important.  But I find that trying to get as many As as possible is satisfying.

I'm not really helping my case by procrastinating though.  I'm not even doing anything useful with my procrastination time.  At least I could go for a jog or work on my sexual health assignment or practice a musical instrument.  No.  Instead I'm sitting here writing this nonsense. 

Okay, so here's what normally happens when I'm procrastinating.  I set myself a time to study and, well, I end up starting about 5 hours later.  First I check my phone, replying to every single message, creating a few new convos, and checking out my instagram feed and snap chat stories.  Then I sit there for a while longer while people reply.  This whole process takes about 30 minutes to an hour before I realise I should probably be doing something else.  So I get up and decide to watch an episode of something.  Another 45 minutes gone.  Then I might want to read, or play the piano, or aimlessly wander the internet, or watch another episode.  I'll probably check my phone regularly too.  Then finally, FINALLY, in the evening I'll start freaking out.  Depending on how close the test is, I'll either give it another night, or frantically study until 11pm.

 
 
 
Well, the important thing is that I always seem to get it done.  Procrastination is just part of the study process, right?  This is normal.  I still have two more nights of study, even though that won't give me much sleep and my brain won't exactly be in peak condition.

That brings me on to the next bit of my post.  My complete and utter lack of sleep.  I haven't even been studying in the last week but I'm still only getting around 6 hours of sleep.  I think it's just what happens after my late nights on weekends.  My brain can't adjust to waking up at 7:30am.

So now I'm a yawner.  I yawn in class, I feel exhausted, and then somehow I manage to read until 1am yet again.  Even after that I spend so much time lying in bed unable to sleep.  Do I have some kind of condition?  This lack of sleep thing messes with my social skills.  Sometimes, by the end of the day, people are continuously having to repeat themselves for me to hear.  I'm just so out of it.



Yeah, so basically this is the story of my life right now.  I'm tired and really don't want to study.  But I probably should if I want any sleep tonight.  So goodbye and thank you for reading up until this point.  Sorry for my rambling.  I think it's time to log off and get my life in check.

Love,
M

20 comments:

  1. Yes! That's exactly how I feel everyday...still get tired during the day even if I slept so much the night before. Great post M<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. Glad you could relate ;) I think school just makes us sleepy.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully you will get some more sleep and everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post :)
    you have a lovely blog here and i love your design

    if you have a secound would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a lovely day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. Sure I'll check out your blog. xx

      Delete
  4. Same thing happen to me when I was in public school. (I'm still yawner!)
    June | http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Public school is a whole different story ;) And tired people are relatable people. <3

      Delete
  5. Oh my word, same!! That happens to me all the time, and I hate that about myself haha. I wish I could just do things when I know I should instead of waiting another 6-7 hours haha.
    -July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I guess it's just our human nature. To do nothing until it's practically too late. Glad others have the same issues ;)

      Delete
  6. Very relatable. I'm actually procrastinating right now....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we're all guilty of procrastinating! I certainly did when I was in school and at uni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sighh... living the life of an inefficient student

      Delete
  8. Omg, procrastination @.@ the root of all evils.
    You know what I do? I spend one day procrastinating, and then when I'm freaking out, I write myself a page or two about how I feel and how I wish I had done things on time. And then the next time I think about putting things off, I take out those pages and read them to myself. Of course, I needed to update the note regularly cause it was filled with excuses like "I have a mega assignment due next week but it would've been easier to handle if I did my share earlier" etc etc.
    Good post :)
    www.the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a really great idea! I did write an entry about how important grades are to me in my diary last night. Maybe I should go reread that. Thanks for this helpful tip!

      Delete
  9. Hmm...are you sure your describing yourself and not me? Lol. :)

    Sophia.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably describing the entire teenage population. lol :')

      Delete