Sunday, 21 September 2014

A Birthday Day



I'm aware it's almost 11pm on a Sunday night but I just really wanted to share my day with you guys.  I think I'm just a little obsessed with posting on this blog.  Sigh, why is it that I'm always so busy when I have stuff to blog about.  I swear I'm living like a zombie with no sleep.

Anyway, today was a pretty good day.  I even wore a skirt for once, just to change things up for the warmer weather a little.


There were two birthdays to celebrate!  Although, I admit, one of them actually happened two months ago, but hey the party was today.  So today was my friend's birthday party and my Mum's birthday.  Yes, I'm aware that I went to a birthday party on my Mum's birthday and I should be feeling a little guilty, but hey, she was totally fine with it and wanted to relax anyway.

I reckon this whole birthday thing today had an overall theme of food.  First of all, the party was a baking party.  That means the regular party food, plus lunch, PLUS the added bonus of the stuff we baked.  Although, I didn't actually bake all that much seeing as I'm not the best at doing things in the kitchen.  We made chocolate mousse, spinach and feta pie and citrus cupcakes.  The mousse turned out good, the pie was yummy but as for the cupcakes... well... Let's just say feeding them to people has now become a practical joke. 

The presents people give at parties nowadays are so much nicer than the ones people used to give in primary school.  There's all the nail polish, nice smelling things, room deco, stuff you actually want.  I got her a cute purse and some pretty bracelets. 


I even got myself a purse on the way ;)



For my Mum's birthday we had a celebratory dinner with some family friends.  Oh gosh this was so difficult to stomach after the baking party, but the food at the restaurant was just so good...



I also painted my Mum some very peaceful paintings, because she's pretty into all that meditation calmness stuff.



So yeah, I think I'll end my post there with a Happy Birthday to my lovely Mummy.

Now it's time to pay the price of a good day by remembering how much Latin I haven't studied and how little time I have.  I also have an important audition early tomorrow morning.  What am I doing with my life?

Love,
M

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a nice day! I can't get enough food myself :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah really gotta stop eating so much...

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to everyone! I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good day! :) Love your outfit and tell them all a happy birthday from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sounds like a lovely day.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) Birthday to your mom!
    And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    New follower! :)
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. And new follower too :)

      Delete
  6. Really nice gifts :)
    http://marinamarry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. B-E-A-UTIFUL skirt, I love it!<3 OM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the colour of your purse.
    Have a nice week!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. I barely get invited to birthday parties anymore. It's actually really sad. You're so so lucky :P Omegerd another blog to follow. Can't wait to see ur future posts.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I'm following back! and I know right? People just don't do parties like they did in primary school.

      Delete
  10. Wow what a very wonderful talent to paint !!! I've always wanted to paint but nah ahha i don't have any talents in painting LOL maybe sports XD Happy birthday to your mom and your friend !!

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com
    Follow back on GFC ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm not actually that good at painting. Sports is great though ;) And sure thing.

      Delete