Sunday, 24 August 2014

Winter Coats and Pretty Jackets

Guess what?  Today I left the house for the first time in 3 days!  Sure my voice sounded funny and I coughed every 30 seconds, but still.  I went shopping with my favourite shopping buddy, my Mummy (mostly because she pays, but she also has pretty good fashion sense).  I ended up buying a really pretty jacket, so now I've decided to show off my favourite winter coats and jackets.  The coats are perfect for winter, as mentioned, and the jackets will be great for the upcoming spring, or autumn depending on your hemisphere. 
Sorry about the photography though. I couldn't be bothered to take new photos so I've taken old pictures of myself in the coats and jackets and cut my head off, cos I'm paranoid of the internet like that.

Anyway,


I got this fancy little red coat from Forever New.  Funny story, I had been at the mall with my friends and we caught sight of these beautiful coats.  Of course we went inside to look at them and we just stood there gushing at all the stuff we couldn't afford.  Then, later when my mum came to pick me up, I told her about the coats.  She asked me to show her, and I did.  Then she picked one out and asked me to try it on, and I did.  After trying it on I came out of the change rooms to find none other than one of my friends from earlier with her mum, trying on one of the coats too.  So now both me and my friend have fancy Forever New coats :)


This coat is super comfortable, warm and casual.  I got it from Zara in Paris back in 2012.  It originally came with a belt but I may or may not have broken it...  It doesn't matter though.  When zipped up, the coat is nice and fitting around the waist, so it doesn't look bulky or anything.  I'm not sure if this is just because I've grown so much since 2012, or because it's actually designed like that.  Anyway, I love this coat.  Black seems to go with everything.


I have this lovely jacket in two colours: the green as seen in the image, and a salmon fluro pink.  I know, the pink sounds really outrageous, but it's not really actually.  Although, sometimes I think it is which is why I don't wear it as often.  I got these two jackets from some place called Katies, according to the tags anyway.  They go well with dresses, jeans, anything.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I wore them to both my school socials.


Okay okay.  I admit, this isn't a picture of me.  You can tell by the hair.  It is a picture taken on my camera though, so I didn't get it from the internet.  I just couldn't find a picture of myself in my denim jacket.  Everybody needs a denim jacket.  I got mine on sale from Just Jeans.  The only reason I don't wear it so often is because I wear jeans a lot, and denim on denim just doesn't work.  Denim jackets do go well with dresses and skirts though.


And this is the jacket that I got today!!!  Isn't it lovely?  It's like a formal bikers jacket or something.  It's comfortable, and it goes with my jeans.  I got it from Bloch, which is where I used to buy my leotards and ballet shoes from when I did dance, which is unusual.  Sorry if the picture's a little off putting.  It was taken by my sister in my backyard since I had no pictures of myself in it yet.  Hopefully I'll be wearing this jacket more in days to come ;)


Well, thanks for reading about my coats of all things.

Love,
M


10 comments:

  1. Oh woww they look gorgeous!! Lucky you!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. Thanks J. The one day I go out while sick is the one day I buy something to keep me warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that denim jacket.
    Hope you can drop by my site. If you want we can follow each other via GFC, let me know. :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sure thing. I'll drop by your site right now. But what's GFC?

      Delete
    2. google friend connect.. with the "join this site" button :)
      I joined yours. Hope you can do the same. xx Thanks for dropping by my site.

      Delete
    3. Oh right. Thanks. Haha sure thing xx

      Delete
  4. Hey Meghan:)
    I nominated you for the liebster award over on my blog! Check it out here: http://life0fem.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/the-liebster-award/
    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for the nomination! I will.

      Delete
  5. I feel you about liking to shop with mom because she always pays, haha. It sounds like you had fun shopping for those coats and enjoy wearing them. From a distance, my favorite one would probably be the second coating.

    Nancy
    colorfulistic.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will ;) And yeah.. sorry about the poor photography...

      Delete